View Poll Results: Which livery do you like most?
Travel Service (blue) 10 18.87%
Travel Service (white) 5 9.43%
Czech Airlines (new c/s) 18 33.96%
Holidays Czech Airlines 12 22.64%
Czech Airlines (old c/s) 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 03, 2015, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
18,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrr5 View Post
Not bad really, adapting the tube/pin takes maybe 5 minutes, easy to do once you have them in front of you.

Works the same way from the steering arm down, only difference is that's all mounted to the retract unit.
I totally agree. . . It's a fairly easy modification.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe Nall 2016
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2016, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Joined Aug 2010
400 Posts
Im back :-)

Hello guys,

after a while Im back with my A320 build. Not much has changed, basically all parts are cut and glued together, now doing those annoying minor things.

I dithched the idea of retracts as I want to do the A320 properly, but surely my next plane will have retracts for sure (I want to do something old, bigger and American Like 727, DC6, 757, but thats after this)

Meanwhile I looked at my A320 and compared it to the other planes here and I started to dont like the surface of mine, which was caused by balsa covering as it colapsed a bit, forming plane, not round shape. And I want to do it more scale, so i thought about doing small polystyren pieces between the balsa ribs on the fuselage to achieve the round shape. I want to ask for help with this. How do you do it? The sanding process, epox, glass fiber, etc to get so beautiful surface?
Thank you for help.
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Feb 07, 2016, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by wayne lester
Wayne Lester
New Zealand, Waikato, Whitianga
Joined Feb 2015
62 Posts
When I balsa skinned my A380 I used 1.5mm thick balsa strips 16mm width and wrapped these around the fuselage at about 45 degrees. This method stopped the normal sagging and flat spots between the frames but after a few planks are added each plank requires a bit of shaping to fit the previous fitted one. I finished the model by skinning with glass cloth and expoxy resin.
Your idea of fitting polystyrene pieces between ribs would work , the entire fuselage would require sanding to finish shape then glass sheathing could be applied.
The final smooth finish still requires an amount of sanding and filling imperfections but you can achieve a finish like shown in my pics.
wayne lester is offline Find More Posts by wayne lester
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Joined Aug 2010
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne lester View Post
When I balsa skinned my A380 I used 1.5mm thick balsa strips 16mm width and wrapped these around the fuselage at about 45 degrees. This method stopped the normal sagging and flat spots between the frames but after a few planks are added each plank requires a bit of shaping to fit the previous fitted one. I finished the model by skinning with glass cloth and expoxy resin.
Your idea of fitting polystyrene pieces between ribs would work , the entire fuselage would require sanding to finish shape then glass sheathing could be applied.
The final smooth finish still requires an amount of sanding and filling imperfections but you can achieve a finish like shown in my pics.
Thats a great idea with tha 45deg balsa cover! I will definetely think about doing it, thank you very much
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE