Mar 06, 2011, 12:24 PM
+1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab74
waiting for the non-jitter version...=)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2011, 03:17 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I am new to these forums and multicopters One quick question, can the Turnigy Plush 25A be driven at 400Hz of the shelf or are you re-flashing it ?
I'm guessing its not possible for the FC to control many PWM signals hence the need for I2C ?

Tried finding answers in these forums but there's too much information for now for me
Mar 06, 2011, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZCopter
Excuse my ignorance, I am new to these forums and multicopters One quick question, can the Turnigy Plush 25A be driven at 400Hz of the shelf or are you re-flashing it ?
I'm guessing its not possible for the FC to control many PWM signals hence the need for I2C ?

Tried finding answers in these forums but there's too much information for now for me
I'm using turnigy basic 25A at 400Hz without touching anything inside or changing firmware. The only settings I changed was turn off low-voltage shutdown and change battery type to NiMH so FC handles low-battery alarm and not motors. Plush should be same? I've got some 18A plush on the way to confirm this.

And yes, at least for MK-FC, there's not enough free pins or CPU time to do PWM output to 4+ escs at once.
Mar 06, 2011, 07:23 PM
Flying at Sochi 2014 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
I'm using turnigy basic 25A at 400Hz without touching anything inside or changing firmware. The only settings I changed was turn off low-voltage shutdown and change battery type to NiMH so FC handles low-battery alarm and not motors. Plush should be same? I've got some 18A plush on the way to confirm this.

And yes, at least for MK-FC, there's not enough free pins or CPU time to do PWM output to 4+ escs at once.
I confirm, Plush are the same, 400Hz with standard firmware, no problem.

Bob
Mar 07, 2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus
I confirm, Plush are the same, 400Hz with standard firmware, no problem.

Bob
GREAT!! I got a bunch of them already.
Mar 10, 2011, 10:30 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP

hardware 8x pwm version, circuit is ok, working on firmware.

edit:
it works
AfroI2C Tokyo Drift Edition motor test [success] (0 min 52 sec)

edit2:
and flies
AfroI2C Tokyo Drift Edition - flight test (0 min 57 sec)

also: apparently there was a earthquake/tsunami here.
I didn't notice it
Last edited by timecop; Mar 11, 2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: wat
Mar 11, 2011, 02:46 AM
Flying at Sochi 2014 Olympics
Quote:

hardware 8x pwm version, circuit is ok, working on firmware.

edit:
it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1OY9MvmZNk
good work TC, very clean scope trace

Bob
Mar 11, 2011, 03:01 AM
RTF copters maker
To everybody about the Japan Earthquake, our friend Timecop is safe !!!
Mar 11, 2011, 03:02 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
^_^ Yeah. I'm too far in the South. Nothing reached here even the wave.
Mar 11, 2011, 03:28 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Man this sucks. All the best for the Japanese. They sent rescue teams to help us in New Zealand with our recent earthquake, I hope that we can help out in some way. Unbelievable footage on the news.
Mar 11, 2011, 03:30 AM
Wow. Bada$$ Nice compact design. Is the jitter free one with 8 pwn outs? ie.

"TODO: A new version is in the works using proper hardware, which will allow precise PWM output on 8 channels without jitter. However, I have a bunch of boards for these, and it works "good enough", certainly as good or better as the other one."

Keep up the Tokyo Driftin' Looks smooth .
Last edited by SirFishaLot; Mar 11, 2011 at 03:43 AM.
Mar 11, 2011, 05:09 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFishaLot
Wow. Bada$$ Nice compact design. Is the jitter free one with 8 pwn outs? ie.

"TODO: A new version is in the works using proper hardware, which will allow precise PWM output on 8 channels without jitter. However, I have a bunch of boards for these, and it works "good enough", certainly as good or better as the other one."

Keep up the Tokyo Driftin' Looks smooth .
Yep, the pic + flight test few posts above is the new version - 8 hardware PWM, no jitter, slightly different layout, otherwise same size. I kept the same form factor since I didn't see any need to make it bigger.
Mar 11, 2011, 05:21 AM
glad youre ok tc....we are all waiting patiently here for any sign of a tsunami....
Mar 11, 2011, 05:30 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Ya, nothing happen here at all. I'm hearing Hawaii is gonna get it though.
Hopefully you'll be ok.
Mar 11, 2011, 07:07 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Ya, nothing happen here at all. I'm hearing Hawaii is gonna get it though.
Hopefully you'll be ok.
Yah, nature can be cruel!

I've seen the video from the NHK copter. Incredible how the wave munged boats, cars, people and even carried burning houses miles away.

A friend of mine is in Japan right now - no message so far from him...

Quick Reply