SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:12 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Discussion
Micro EDF bungee by HK

For those who want a proven method to get your hotrod EDF flying consistently. The lengths of string and silicon tubing are pre-cut at lengths specifically intended for small, high performance models. This system has been extensively tested and proven.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Kit_9_5m_.html
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:08 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,159 Posts
Seems like an un needed product for micro
The idea.of a bungee is.to get a heavier edf up to speed strait away so.there's no hand launch loops or tip stall....

A micro eDF will fly at very low speed so can be hand launched without loosing track as the key power to weight ratio is very good

This bungee will stress any small airframe prob ripping wings back as launched or weakening.foam
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Dec 18, 2014, 07:17 AM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jiggz. Yes, I thought that too at one time. This product is however not for foamy UMX Habu type airframes but for the more serious high speed stuff. Although I would personally prefer to hand launch, I realized early on it was safer for my model to be bungeed.

Launch is @ 1:12
8000kv test flight (2 min 55 sec)
Last edited by pdawg; Dec 18, 2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 09:35 AM
Joined Sep 2004
115 Posts
I need one of these but I'm terrified of bungee launching. It seems like a lot can go wrong. You guys make it look easy though. With a micro jet bungee system, how do you determine how much to pull it back? I picture myself destroying several planes before getting the launch right!

Regardless, I'll be getting one or two and giving it a try. Hand launching a few of my micros isn't going to work - they will stall before getting enough speed.
straightup is online now Find More Posts by straightup
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:06 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,159 Posts
Hold your micro by your ear....full power and just push it into wind strait and level ...most people make the mistake of throwing up at an angle...this will induce an unessessery tail stall....never throw just push....they should fly of strait and level
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:24 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
I don't think this bungee is really meant for micro's, it looks exactly like the stock sytem you get from GP for their evader/squall etc...although the electrolyte isnt your run of the mill micro
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:22 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077 View Post
I don't think this bungee is really meant for micro's, it looks exactly like the stock sytem you get from GP for their evader/squall etc...although the electrolyte isnt your run of the mill micro
There is a specific reason this has become a HK product but its fair to say that the HK description accurately includes micro designs like the Electrolyte but also mini models like the squal and Invader .

"This lightweight bungee kit is perfect for launching small ducted fan models or other small aircraft that are difficult to launch. The kit is supplied with a length of silicone tube, some strong line, metal stake and other accessories.

Take the worries out of launching small fast models with this simple to use bungee system."
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:55 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,647 Posts
Yea I think I need one of these..My system is a bit overkill for my F104 Micro
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Yep 99% of micros and even mini's weigh nothing and are a cake walk to hand launch, this is obviously meant for the other 1%
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077