SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
What kind are these?

Hey Everyone!!!

I recently got the RC's pictured below from a neighbour for the price of an old PC monitor!!! Now I want to know exactly what they are and where I can get some bodies for them. I need to get new wheels for the car. The buggies wheels are still fine I think. Thanks for all the help!!!

-Nathan
Nathan2 is offline Find More Posts by Nathan2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:47 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
well, not sure about the car, but I think the buggy (proper name is stadium truck) might be a losi or associated. not sure though. as for the tires, the car's tires could be meant to be like they are or they could just be worn out. It might be set up as a drift car, which, in that case, would mean that the tires are just fine because you want them to be able to slide
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
the car is a hpi rs4. i had one once upon a time..... look for any markings on the truck, might lead to the brand name
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:08 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Truck is an RC10T2
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Thanks for the answers!! I don't really want the car to be a drifter so that is why I plan on getting new tires. Also, the picture shows the car with only 3 drift tires on because the 4th one is coming off the rim. So I had to put a different wheel on the back right.

A couple of problems I would like to know about. The car is set up as a 4 wheel drive. Unfortunately it is currently a 3 wheel drive. The front right wheel doesn't engage correctly. Any ideas of why this could be happening?

Also the truck will sometimes go all crazy when I hook it up. The throttle will speed up and slow down and the servo that controls the steering is going crazy. This all happens when I am not even touching the remote, but the transmitter is on. What could be causing the problem?

Thanks!!!
-Nathan
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Is the right crystal in the transmitter and receiver? Sounds like they're on different channels and the car isn't actually being controlled by the transmitter.

For the 3wd car (), are there driveshafts at both front wheels? It might have a broken front diff, or broken one way front diff.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Is the right crystal in the transmitter and receiver? Sounds like they're on different channels and the car isn't actually being controlled by the transmitter.

For the 3wd car (), are there driveshafts at both front wheels? It might have a broken front diff, or broken one way front diff.
The crystals are the same. I am thinking it might be the speed controller.

The 3wd does have drive shafts on all wheels. In fact I will check the diffs.

-Nathan
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:48 PM
retrocopter
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
I had the same problem with my servos twitching on my nitro 4wd, it was running a crystal receiver and transmitter and changed it for a new transmitter that is more modern without any crystals,and started it today for the first time and to my surprise no twitches.
Marty7n is offline Find More Posts by Marty7n
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:16 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
If the steering is glitching too, it's not the ESC. I would either upgrade to a budget 2.4ghz system, or at the very least try swapping the receivers to see if the other one works in the truck.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Ok, I saw a $20 transmitter with reciever on Hobby King. This one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Does it look like one that will work well? One thing that happens is that once the car gets about 150' away or so, it starts acting all weird. Is this because the transmiter or reciever is messed up? Thanks for all the help!

-Nathan
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan2 View Post
Ok, I saw a $20 transmitter with reciever on Hobby King. This one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Does it look like one that will work well? One thing that happens is that once the car gets about 150' away or so, it starts acting all weird. Is this because the transmiter or reciever is messed up? Thanks for all the help!

-Nathan
yup. that's a good tx/rx combo probably the cheapest you will find and lots of people recommend it.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Yep, definitely a good option! The other option is a GT3-B from either hobbyking or hobbypartz. They're more money, but have 10 model memory so you don't have to buy one transmitter per car.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
One thing I want to know is what is the range for one the $20 transmitter? My current one went about 90 feet and then the car lost the signal on the truck. On the car, for some reason it had a range of about 170 feet. This doesn't make any sense. Does it have to do with the fact that the trucks chassis is made out of metal and the chassis of the car is made out of what appears to be carbon fiber?

-Nathan
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:00 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
the hkgt2 is awesome. cheap, easy to use, and reliable. the range is as far as you can see.
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger