SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:50 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Andre, you put it pretty much how I would have. I can say though the APM now with the new 2.5 board and the 2.7.4 fw is nearly there and with the new ublox GPS , sonar and optical sensors all working the AP GPS function are really improved now. I get loiter position hold even in strong wind and also RTL and way poitns working pretty good. The stability is that good I can fly my copters around my living room.

I finally got the wifi to work, seems YS forgot to tell me the new version wifi doesn't need a router now. Now I can go the next step and set it up to test fly it.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:01 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Thats good to know my apm2 is in my hobbyking epp fpv plane witch i had not maiden yet will use it on my plane sinse ysx6 does only support multicopters And i have to spend another $1000+ to have harware of zerouav to be able to fly a fix wing plane.
I know autoquad hardware is give exseptional results frankT own both and he sold his ysx6 because off the autoquad that is so good , and got so lucky and win a ysx6 again.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:15 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Does anyone know what these settings in the PC GCS control?

robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
324 Posts
Wifi Modem Reset

As a new user of the YS-X6, I messed up the settings of the wifi modem and was no more able to access it. Unfortunately ZeroUAV was of no help with that issue.

Digging the net I found the web site of the Wifi module maker and some valuable documentation.

There is a reset procedure involving the opening of the case and shorting LED_NET pin to Ground for 3 sec during startup. When done you have to redo the settings according to YS-X6 documentation and save them, from the USR-WIFIMOD factory state.

In factory state(initial configuration), USR-WIFIMOD-II behaves as below:
􀂄 It’s NET&SERIAL LED Blink in every 2seconds.
􀂄 It will work in adhoc mode,whose ssid is “wifimodII@192.168.1.254”
􀂄 It holds a staticIP address “192.168.1.254”
􀂄 It works in Udp2Serial mode, and serial access port is 55555.

You have to set your PC TCP/IP properties with
IP static address: 192.168.1.105 (Exemple)
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.254

No Wifi protection,

then access the Setup Web page 192.168.1.254 ( admin/admin as UserName/Password)

It may help.

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Im in the process of mounting the IMU and I see it came with a pair of small plates sandwiched with some spongy rubber in between which I assume is to take out any vibration. But it is very soft and it worries me if there would be some movement of the IMU relative to the copter it self. This has been know in other multi rotor aircraft to cause unusual behavior.

Here is is a link to some discussion on this issue. http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...ot-a-good-idea

Id much prefer to mount it solid as possible to the center plate, but will this be an issue in the the experience others have had? How badly does vibration affect this YS-X6?
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I dont know why they give it still with the ysx6.

Just hard mount the imu with double sided tape
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
Im in the process of mounting the IMU and I see it came with a pair of small plates sandwiched with some spongy rubber in between which I assume is to take out any vibration. But it is very soft and it worries me if there would be some movement of the IMU relative to the copter it self. This has been know in other multi rotor aircraft to cause unusual behavior.

Here is is a link to some discussion on this issue. http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...ot-a-good-idea

Id much prefer to mount it solid as possible to the center plate, but will this be an issue in the the experience others have had? How badly does vibration affect this YS-X6?
Hi

I have a page of tips that I have loaded on my website. http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 you will see it under tips.

One of the tips is not to use that soft sponge. You have to hard mount it.

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Would love to see the log.
Unfoundable hj folder !!!
Neither in Iphone nor in Ipad
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Altitude should primarily be computed from the altimeter (air pressure sensor), so does not sound like a GPS problem to me.
What I would do first is to check that the radio fail-safe is properly programmed. Common default F/S settings (centered sticks and zero throttle) on many radios would result in something like the crash you just described.
My throttle fail safe is "centered stick" on FUTABA T8, am I wrong ???
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
My throttle fail safe is "centered stick" on FUTABA T8, am I wrong ???
It's right but have you checked from CGS that failsafe is working properly and goes to RTH mode? You need also to put channel 5 to position 3 and channel 6 to position 1 in failsafe.

If i remember right i have set F/S to go to ch5/pos3 and ch6/pos3 to go straight to rth.

From manual page 35:

RC Signal Lost
Users must refer to the instruction of remote control transmitter to correctly set up F/S, and set CH5 to position 3,CH6 to position 1, throttle stick to the middle position (installation guide has tips).If enable F/S for any reason in “RC on” status, the autopilot will be switched to auto- hovering status(continue flight path for 3 seconds in auto-waypoints mode, wait for 3 seconds and start to return home if the signal can’t recover after 3 seconds.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
It's right but have you checked from CGS that failsafe is working properly and goes to RTH mode? You need also to put channel 5 to position 3 and channel 6 to position 1 in failsafe.
If i remember right i have set F/S to go to ch5/pos3 and ch6/pos3 to go straight to rth.
From manual page 35:
RC Signal Lost
Users must refer to the instruction of remote control transmitter to correctly set up F/S, and set CH5 to position 3,CH6 to position 1, throttle stick to the middle position (installation guide has tips).If enable F/S for any reason in “RC on” status, the autopilot will be switched to auto- hovering status(continue flight path for 3 seconds in auto-waypoints mode, wait for 3 seconds and start to return home if the signal can’t recover after 3 seconds.
That's ok, all F/S are set properly...
it's just looks like the batteries are on low voltage protection...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:
That's ok, all F/S are set properly...
it's just looks like the batteries are on low voltage protection...
Right cell-number set in parameters?
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Right cell-number set in parameters?
Yes, 4S !
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Yswifi.exe file is in var/stash/Applications.nGPD7P folder with all other xxx.app folders (including Cydia.app !!!)
Not any "app" on var/mobile/Applications folder...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Unfoundable hj folder !!!
Neither in Iphone nor in Ipad
I don't have an iOS device so am now guessing.
Do they have microSD cards installed?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie