HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:08 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Discussion
Iranís Terrible Rationality

One bomb will mostly wipe out Israel. The destruction of Iran would only wound Islam. With a martyrdom cult pursuing jihad controlling the red button Iran will have, the rationality of this position yields a self evident conclusion.

Rationality does not suppose any particular goal. Merely the logical ways of pursuing it given your own views of the tradeoffs.

The logic of Iran
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Registered User
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
142 Posts
According to Dusty, Iran never threatened to wipe Israel of the map :-)
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is offline Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
One bomb will mostly wipe out Israel. The destruction of Iran would only wound Islam. With a martyrdom cult pursuing jihad controlling the red button Iran will have, the rationality of this position yields a self evident conclusion.

Rationality does not suppose any particular goal. Merely the logical ways of pursuing it given your own views of the tradeoffs.

The logic of Iran
It's that article that has terrible rationality. It says:

Quote:
Yet there it is, withstanding punishing economic sanctions to pursue the weapon ...
Whereas:

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:51 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN View Post
According to Dusty, Iran never threatened to wipe Israel of the map :-)
I take it from your smiley that you don't take that seriously. Good for you.

This is what Ahmadinejad did say, which you would like to believe translates to ''wipe Israel off the map.''

Quote:
the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud...22_controversy

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Registered User
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
I do think that Iran wants the bomb.
Its a very exclusive club and they want in.They are looking at pakistan and saying,why not us?
I also believe a nuclear Iran is a clear danger to Israel.
But I also think that the Iranian leadership is not a bunch of suicidal "death cult" members ready to sacrifice themselves for the greatness of Islam.
What they really want is to be the leaders of the islamic world...and for that they
need the bomb...and BE ALIVE.They are fanatical, but not stupid.

The article of the OP is full of crap.
yucafrita is online now Find More Posts by yucafrita
Last edited by yucafrita; Feb 26, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
I do think that Iran wants the bomb.
Its a very exclusive club and they want in.They are looking at pakistan and saying,why not us?
I also believe a nuclear Iran is a clear danger to Israel.
But I also think that the Iranian leadership is not a bunch of suicidal "death cult" members ready to sacrifice themselves for the greatness of Islam.
What they really want is to be the leaders of the islamic world...and for that they
need the bomb...and BE ALIVE.They fanatical, but not stupid.

The article of the OP is full of crap.
Yuca, just a thought in passing, have you ever noticed that the leaders never blow themselves up either? I don't think that they think they'll die, but they're quite certain others will. Whatever keep them safe is acceptable to them.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:29 PM
Registered User
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
It's that article that has terrible rationality. It says:



Whereas:

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Dusty
I note you reliance on US agencies and reserve the right to remind you when they change their mind.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is offline Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Registered User
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Yuca, just a thought in passing, have you ever noticed that the leaders never blow themselves up either? I don't think that they think they'll die, but they're quite certain others will. Whatever keep them safe is acceptable to them.
yeap...that is true.
And they are aware that is one thing to send some idiots to blow themselves up in some market and another surviving nuclear fire and radiation as a consequence of a an Israel retaliatory strike that will turn their whole nation (and them!) into glass and radioactive dust.
Like I said Iranian leadership are fanatics, and want to destroy Israel, but they are not stupid, and not willing to die for that....
If they could find a way to to do it, without them being vaporized, sure, they would try, but thanks to the Israeli defense forces and specially the IAF they cant, so they wont.......
yucafrita is online now Find More Posts by yucafrita
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
yeap...that is true.
And they are aware that is one thing to send some idiots to blow themselves up in some market and another surviving nuclear fire and radiation as a consequence of a an Israel retaliatory strike that will turn their whole nation (and them!) into glass and radioactive dust.
Like I said Iranian leadership are fanatics, and want to destroy Israel, but they are not stupid, and not willing to die for that....
If they could find a way to to do it, without them being vaporized, sure, they would try, but thanks to the Israeli defense forces and specially the IAF they cant, so they wont.......
I think they're counting on global pressure to keep Israel from vaporizing them. In that regard I think they're stupid, Israel has been shown to act in her own interest with regards to safety, irrespective of what the world wants them to do. I applaud them for that.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN View Post
I note you reliance on US agencies and reserve the right to remind you when they change their mind.
Well, that is consistent with what the IAEA also say.

The Israeli Defence Minister says the same.

http://original.antiwar.com/mcgovern...uilding-nukes/

Do you have a better source of information that says otherwise?

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
Registered User
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Well, that is consistent with what the IAEA also say.

The Israeli Defence Minister says the same.

http://original.antiwar.com/mcgovern...uilding-nukes/

Do you have a better source of information that says otherwise?

Dusty
None that I can quote at this late hour, but I also note with delight you reliance on our Defense Minister. I just hope you will be consistent on your reliance on him in other matters, or when he changes his mind on this one.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is offline Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Last edited by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN; Feb 26, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN View Post
None that I can quote at this late earlier, but I also note with delight you reliance on our Defense Minister. I just hope you will be consistent on your reliance on him in other matters, or when he changes his mind on this one.
If your Defence Minister, US intelligence agencies, and the IAEA say otherwise, then of course I would heed what they say.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
Registered User
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
If your Defence Minister, US intelligence agencies, and the IAEA say otherwise, then of course I would heed what they say.

Dusty
Was not the IAEA complaining about Iran's lack of cooperation and calling his last inspection a complete failure?

Sorry Dusty, but Iran wants the bomb...badly. If they a have a right or not to have the, that is a complete different discussion, but they are working on nuclear weapons and to deny it is simply refusing to face the facts.

VIENNA (AP) Ė Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last few months, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic republic could produce an atomic bomb.


The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats say the amount unaccounted for is large enough to be used for experiments in arming a nuclear missile.

Iran insists it is not interested in nuclear weapons and says its activities are meant either to generate energy or to be used for research. But the report contained little assurances the country's activities are purely peaceful.

Instead, it also confirmed that two IAEA missions to Tehran within less than a month had failed to dent Iran's refusal to assist an IAEA probe of suspicions that the country has been secretly working on aspects of a nuclear weapons program.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/s...aea/53233616/1
yucafrita is online now Find More Posts by yucafrita
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Was not the IAEA complaining about Iran's lack of cooperation and calling his last inspection a complete failure?
Not that I know of. can you cite a source that quotes an IAEA official saying so? What they did say was that Iran had refused to let them visit one of their military bases, where they suspect that Iran may have carried out testing of explosives which could be used to detonate a nuclear weapon at some point in the past, but Iran is under no obligation to let anyone visit any of their military bases, they are only obligated to let the IAEA visit their nuclear facilities. Because their nuclear facilities have IAEA 24 hour monitoring cameras, and lower level IAEA officials are based in Iran who can visit their nuclear facilities any time they like, unannounced, the IAEA team who just returned from Iran presumably didn't consider visiting any of their nuclear facilities to be important enough to bother doing.

Quote:
Sorry Dusty, but Iran wants the bomb...badly. If they a have a right or not to have the, that is a complete different discussion, but they are working on nuclear weapons and to deny it is simply refusing to face the facts.
I cannot read their minds, so to guess what they want would be pure speculation, and certainly not ''facts.'' The fact remains, that it is the consensus of all 16 US intelligence agencies, and Israeli intelligence, and the IAEA, that Iran has not made a decision to build a nuclear weapon.

Quote:
VIENNA (AP) Ė Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last few months, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic republic could produce an atomic bomb.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats say the amount unaccounted for is large enough to be used for experiments in arming a nuclear missile.

Iran insists it is not interested in nuclear weapons and says its activities are meant either to generate energy or to be used for research. But the report contained little assurances the country's activities are purely peaceful.

Instead, it also confirmed that two IAEA missions to Tehran within less than a month had failed to dent Iran's refusal to assist an IAEA probe of suspicions that the country has been secretly working on aspects of a nuclear weapons program.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/s...aea/53233616/1
Looks like another scaremongering article to me. The IAEA reported that Iran did have at least a partial nuclear weapons program, which they abandoned in 2003. Prior to that date, would have been when they were supposedly ''secretly working on aspects of a nuclear weapons program.''

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
Registered User
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
So your saying that the IAEA report is fake?
yucafrita is online now Find More Posts by yucafrita
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Iran's leaders do not want to wipe Israel off the map Dusty1000 Life, The Universe, and Politics 437 Jan 18, 2012 08:49 AM
Discussion FBI, DEA thwart terror plot in U.S. involving Iran, officials say Michael in Toronto Life, The Universe, and Politics 80 Oct 14, 2011 08:28 PM
Discussion Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Europe 'stealing Iran's rain' Michael in Toronto Life, The Universe, and Politics 21 May 24, 2011 05:52 PM
Discussion Iran's new...er..... flying saucer? yucafrita Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Mar 23, 2011 11:11 PM
Discussion Iran's F-14's. metalbuggy Life, The Universe, and Politics 56 Aug 05, 2007 07:25 PM