HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
Keenan smith's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Nice
Keenan smith is online now Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
Doug W's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
Nice
Looks like it's just you and me on the thread K.Smith! We've seized control!
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:19 AM
Registered User
Hawaiian Flyin's Avatar
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
I'm still around. Just busy. Waiting for my new batteries & nice weather on my day off. We had 2 days of light winds (Monday & Tuesday) and I could not take off of work.. Weather forecast for this weekend is windy and possible heavy showers. Just my luck.
Havent even flown this one and I ordered another one from Ming. Since I have those new 4S 4000 batteries thinking of installing this from EJF in it unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Typhoon 2W-20 EDF motor + HET-75 ESC + EDF 6904 fan unit
4S LiPo performance setup with over 3lbs of thrust.
-Max amps: 75 A
-Max Servos when BEC enabled: 5
-Max power: 800+ watts
-BEC enabled
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:18 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Ben_E's Avatar
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
We have a winner! pulsery2K1. You got it. I do have the Scorpion HK-2221-8 motors. Checked the Scorpion website and this is what it says for the motor- "Max Lipo Cell 3s " Oops! I was using 4S. Tried it again today with 2 3S 3000 batteries & had it up at almost full throttle for 5 minutes. Wattmeter showed the amp draw at 44.56 amps. After 5 minutes it showed I still had about 2800 mah left in the batteries. So I will just fly it with 3S batteries. For some dumb reason I thought I could use 4S batteries. Should have done my homework first. Thanks for all the help. Now just need mother nature to give me a nice day on my day off.............................
I also discovered that some time ago... I sent Scorpion an e-mail and asked if the motor would handle 4s. No problem was the answer. I have run mine on 4S without a problem.

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
Ming's Avatar
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,712 Posts
Scorpion HKII2221-8(3595kv) can handle 3 or 4S.
Scorpion HKII2221-10(3000kv) need 4S to get enough power for 737.
If buyer need HKII2221-10(3000kv) motor for 4S battery, I can change the motor, just mention this request during checkout on Paypal.

Ming Lou
Ming is online now Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:41 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
pulsery2k1's Avatar
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,861 Posts
Doug W

nice version , were still here ,just busy


Hawaiian Flyin problem was as purchased it was drawing too
many amps on 4s , I have the same setup and 3s works great
only using 44 amps max on 4 s these use alot more than the
the (package ) 45 amp esc's can handle.
pulsery2k1 is online now Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Ben_E's Avatar
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1 View Post
Doug W

nice version , were still here ,just busy


Hawaiian Flyin problem was as purchased it was drawing too
many amps on 4s , I have the same setup and 3s works great
only using 44 amps max on 4 s these use alot more than the
the (package ) 45 amp esc's can handle.
For the record, I run my setup with two 65A Esc's

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:20 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
pulsery2k1's Avatar
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,861 Posts
Ben_E

from what Hawaiian Flyin posted he purchased the model with
HKII2221-8(3595kv) and the 45 amps esc as sold by windrider .

the 45's are too small for 4 s , he decided to get new battery's
instead of larger esc's
pulsery2k1 is online now Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Doug W's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
I'm still around. Just busy. Waiting for my new batteries & nice weather on my day off. We had 2 days of light winds (Monday & Tuesday) and I could not take off of work.. Weather forecast for this weekend is windy and possible heavy showers. Just my luck.
Havent even flown this one and I ordered another one from Ming. Since I have those new 4S 4000 batteries thinking of installing this from EJF in it unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Typhoon 2W-20 EDF motor + HET-75 ESC + EDF 6904 fan unit
4S LiPo performance setup with over 3lbs of thrust.
-Max amps: 75 A
-Max Servos when BEC enabled: 5
-Max power: 800+ watts
-BEC enabled
That is the exact power set up of my Alaska 737 and I am super pleased with the performance. I just ordered the exact same power system Sunday night for the AEWCs 737 I am building now. Figured a proven set up for me with parts commonality would make sense (that and in saves differences training on the RC737 type rating )
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
Registered User
Hawaiian Flyin's Avatar
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Thanks Doug. I'll go with that setup. Haven't decided what I'll make the new one look like. But the wings should be pretty similar so I'll have one with a 3S setup & one with 4S. So I'll be able to swap wings & see wich one flies better.
If I went with higher amp ESC's instead of the 45amp ones on the 3S setup would I be able to use the4S batteries? Thanks again for all the tips guys!
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Last edited by Hawaiian Flyin; Mar 22, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:54 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
Keenan smith's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Yes you should be able to
Keenan smith is online now Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Doug W's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
Thanks Doug. I'll go with that setup. Haven't decided what I'll make the new one look like. But the wings should be pretty similar so I'll have one with a 3S setup & one with 4S. So I'll be able to swap wings & see wich one flies better.
If I went with higher amp ESC's instead of the 45amp ones on the 3S setup would I be able to use the4S batteries? Thanks again for all the tips guys!
I run my HET 6904/2W-20/75A Esc on 4S, yes. I use the 4S 5000, 45-90C version. Plenty of power and the ESCs can handle it fine.
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
Registered User
Hawaiian Flyin's Avatar
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W View Post
I run my HET 6904/2W-20/75A Esc on 4S, yes. I use the 4S 5000, 45-90C version. Plenty of power and the ESCs can handle it fine.
That's what I'm going with on 737 #2. Maybe a fantasy Hawaiian Air since they didn't operate 737's
Got my new batteries this week. 3S 5000Turnigy nano techs. I'm off today & the wind at the field is holding steady at 20+ mph with gusts in the 30s. Just cant get a break. I'll get this baby airborne someday............... soon I hope. Got lots of folks waiting to see it fly. Including a bunch of former Aloha employees. This thing better fly!!!
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Registered User
scottd9990's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jun 2009
270 Posts
Still around too

Just been busy! Hope you all are doing good?
scottd9990 is offline Find More Posts by scottd9990
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Hawaiian Flyin's Avatar
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Still windy as heck here. 20+mph, gusts in the 30s. May need to make a sacrifice to the gods to get nicer weather
Tried another test with the new 3S batteries. Only draws about 42 amps at full throttle & ran for 8 minutes at a little less than full throttle without losing power. Waiting for my second 737 to get here. Might do a FedEx scheme. Kind of like the color purple. I'm a Vikings fan. They can only get better. right? Something like this.
Winds gotta die down someday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Windrider Boeing 737 Ming Scale Kit/Scratch Built 634 Nov 10, 2014 11:45 PM
New Product Boeing 737 philipcmf Foamy EDFs 83 Jan 16, 2011 10:03 AM
Discussion Windrider Boeing 737-700 could be a good glider Ming Slope 44 Jan 06, 2011 08:47 PM
Boeing 737 jermaine Foamies (Kits) 6 Apr 09, 2002 12:21 AM