HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:07 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Jim is that the little red one made of thin depron and plastic film? If so I want to fly it.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:11 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Yes, it is. It's strictly an indoor plane. So come fly with us indoors! You will love it!

Jim
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:49 AM
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Well, it just so happens that I have a new indoor plane coming in the mail. Should be here any day so I'll hopefully start coming to the indoor events again. :-)
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:09 PM
AMA 16192
Madison, AL
Joined Oct 2003
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Marconnet View Post
After some discussions with bronicabill (Bruce Stillwell?) and a checkout flight at Grace UMC yesterday, I've decided to allow Trex 250s to be flown there. They will, of course, require more pilot care than the mCX!

Jim
Sorry, Jim, I just now found your post. "bronicabill" is Bill Rainey (that would be me)!

Looking forward to getting back over there with my baby Rex. May not get to this weekend as I'm hoping to fly the T-Rex 600N outdoors Saturday afternoon, and probably won't get to fly both days in the same weekend!

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention... while it may require "more pilot care" than the mCX, it flies so much better that additional care is easy! It actually does what you tell it, WHEN you tell it!!!

Cheers,

Bill Rainey
AMA 16192
bronicabill is offline Find More Posts by bronicabill
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Bill:

Sorry about that! I've corrected my post #55 accordingly!

Speaking of the monikers we go by.... Some times, some places I go by Rocket Jim because I'm a rocket scientist in my day job. But sometimes people don't understand that, and some people have taken huge unnecessary offense at it.

So here I go by a much simpler and less likely to confuse one: Jim_Marconnet!

Jim
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:27 PM
AMA 16192
Madison, AL
Joined Oct 2003
100 Posts
LOL... that's okay Jim. Doesn't take a rocket scientist ya know!
bronicabill is offline Find More Posts by bronicabill
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:29 PM
Huntsville, AL.
Joined Jan 2007
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronicabill View Post
Now thats Funny......
Airhead9 is offline Find More Posts by Airhead9
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:57 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronicabill View Post
I take huge unnecessary offense at that comment.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
Old Apr 03, 2011, 07:50 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
We had a great Grace Family Fun Fly today. Attendance was a little off, probably due to the warm but windy weather. And some of the pilots were known to be out of town.

Nice to see Curt's beautiful biplane with Vapor guts fly, even a little bit. It's s o o o s l o w !

The coned off, No Spectators, area worked out well. Everyone easily understood that area was reserved for the larger helis. We had one rather spectacular heli crash over there today, and people commented how nice it was to have that happen in a No Spectator zone! Not so good for the heli, but these things happen if you hit the ceiling in such a high-ceiling flying facility.

Thanks, Rick, for flying my UMX Extra 300 and doing some durability testing on it. No damage that I'm aware of. I really like that plane, and I don't plan to acquire any more of anything else till something even better comes along. And everything we've done with it so far has been with much less than full-up control throws!

Thanks to all who came and had such a great GFFF today!
Jim
Old Apr 04, 2011, 01:27 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Flying at St. Mary's is cancelled Monday April 4, 2011

Due to the forecasted terrible weather tonight - no flying tonight at St. Mary's of the Visitation Parrish gym.

Jim
Old Apr 07, 2011, 08:25 PM
Huntsville, AL.
Joined Jan 2007
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Marconnet View Post
We had a great Grace Family Fun Fly today. Attendance was a little off, probably due to the warm but windy weather. And some of the pilots were known to be out of town.

Nice to see Curt's beautiful biplane with Vapor guts fly, even a little bit. It's s o o o s l o w !

The coned off, No Spectators, area worked out well. Everyone easily understood that area was reserved for the larger helis. We had one rather spectacular heli crash over there today, and people commented how nice it was to have that happen in a No Spectator zone! Not so good for the heli, but these things happen if you hit the ceiling in such a high-ceiling flying facility.

Thanks, Rick, for flying my UMX Extra 300 and doing some durability testing on it. No damage that I'm aware of. I really like that plane, and I don't plan to acquire any more of anything else till something even better comes along. And everything we've done with it so far has been with much less than full-up control throws!

Thanks to all who came and had such a great GFFF today!
Jim
Thanks to you Jim,
We all had a good time....

Bruce
Airhead9 is offline Find More Posts by Airhead9
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:19 PM
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
My Osiris V2 is done. I will try and make it out monday evening to fly with you guys. Just did the maiden flight outside under the street light. This plane fly's soooo slow and yet so locked in. Going to be fun. I'm going to try not to smash this one up
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Price cut on the UMX Extra 300 3D

Just so you know, the price of the Horizon UMX Extra 300 3D BNF has been cut to $139.99 --- right after I bought a new one and a used one based on the prior price of $169.99 -- go figure!

The replacement airframe is now $71.99

Jim
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Less than a week to go yet to the GFFF on Easter Sunday!

Yes, the next Grace Family Fun Fly will be held Sunday April 24, 1-4 PM.

Yes, this is Easter Sunday. It was scheduled on that date without my realizing it's Easter. It's scheduled, has been publicized, and will be held then. Come if you want, or not. It's up to you.

Last year the FFF on Father's Day attracted me and one other pilot. We had a great time sharing the whole Madison UMC gym between just two of us!

I'm building a new, different plane called a Crazy Ball. I may have it finished and if so, will fly it this Sunday. It's something like a white Easter egg, that flys!

Jim
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:06 PM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
North AL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
1,949 Posts
Jim, has anyone showed up with the Air Hogs Pocket Copter? This looks cool...
ruff1 is online now Find More Posts by ruff1