HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:34 PM
St. Peters MO.
Joined Apr 2005
67 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a Stuka

Does anyone know where I can find a Stuka kit or ARF. I've allways love this plane. Any help would be great.
DOZZ is offline Find More Posts by DOZZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:39 PM
Oldbie
Palmdale, CA.
Joined May 2005
42 Posts
Here's one over on RCU. Not a bad price for what turn's out to be a good looking plane. I've built this (sorry it's a ARF) put this together for a guy and it went real smooth no problem's assembly wise. I never flew it or saw it fly so I've no comment on that end other then the gentlemen I built it for was happy with it. I don't know the person selling this ARF "just FYI" http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=184181
bhbs is offline Find More Posts by bhbs
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:53 AM
Humble, TX
Joined Dec 2003
138 Posts
Great Planes has a Stuka ARF, wingspan is about 71 inches. Skyshark RC kits one with a 60 inch wing. Marutaka/Royal kitted 2 of them, one 60 inch and the other with a 72 inch wing. These are out of production, but you can still find them now and again. You can get plans from Ziroli for a giant scale version, that one is 101 inches and there might be a slightly smaller one as well.
jetmex is offline Find More Posts by jetmex
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:06 PM
In Massive Debt
Northampton Massachussetts
Joined Jun 2005
2,001 Posts
I have the Great Planes stuka. But its not for sale . I think they discontinued it, but it is an incredible plane.
blizzardwarrior7 is offline Find More Posts by blizzardwarrior7
Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:05 PM
St. Peters MO.
Joined Apr 2005
67 Posts
Thank you all for the info
Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:35 PM
Makati, Philippines
Joined Apr 2006
2 Posts
Ju-87 Plans

Does anyone have any plans for a gas powered (ie. IC-powered) Ju-87? I still have one for an EP (400C) powered one, which I got about 2 years ago; but, I shifted to gas a few months back.

Thanks
Achtung, Stuka! is offline Find More Posts by Achtung, Stuka!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:40 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,380 Posts
There are at least 3 Stukas being built on RC Scale Builder, in the Ziroli section. http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/ Registration is required, but it's free, and worth the time it takes.

In the three threads you will see lots of good building info, innovation, and excellent craftsmanship. The level of added scale detail in ssw1's cockpit is unbelievable !!!
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Apr 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
Makati, Philippines
Joined Apr 2006
2 Posts
Ju-87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump
There are at least 3 Stukas being built on RC Scale Builder, in the Ziroli section. http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/ Registration is required, but it's free, and worth the time it takes.

In the three threads you will see lots of good building info, innovation, and excellent craftsmanship. The level of added scale detail in ssw1's cockpit is unbelievable !!!
Thanks! I'll check on the site... And, I'll keep you posted
Achtung, Stuka! is offline Find More Posts by Achtung, Stuka!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:22 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,380 Posts
Enjoy !!!
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:21 PM
St. Peters MO.
Joined Apr 2005
67 Posts
I just got conformation on my Skysharks Stuka. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. I cant wait. Now I just have to deside on a Paint pattern and Engine. Its going to be a 70 4-stroke . eather a Magnum or OS I think.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,380 Posts
You'll like the kit. I haven't built one, but looked at one at the hobby shop. looked like a well thought out design.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:44 PM
St. Peters MO.
Joined Apr 2005
67 Posts
My Stuka has arived. What a nice kit.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:00 AM
Flyin' High
Staten Island, NY
Joined Aug 2005
162 Posts
Dozz..

You will like the Kit. I am Building the SDB Dauntless from Skyshark-RC. Great people to deal with too.

Just make sure your read the Directions Well. There were a few changes I need to make during the build. Reading the directions will help you plane your build out. One Big thing was I installed the Fule Tank prior to putting the wing mounts into postion. It would have been difficult to slide the gas tank in the pre-cut holes. Also another Hint (which I picked up a littel late)- Build the Center Wing Section First, then the Fusalodge (SPELL). It will be easier for you to trial fit just the center wing section to the Plane then a 60-70 inch wing. Since the center section will be the same if the left and right wings are attached OR NOT.... mak it eaiser for yourself.

After I finish the Dauntless, I am looking into getting an ARF (or 2) to put together. Just finished an Eindecker and the wife likes how nicely they go together. Not alot of sanding and no little pices of balsa left all over. I dont have a work area so I use the dinning room. I have teh Skyshark Archi Val on my list tho....

Well Just my 2-cents. Enjoy the kit and lets see Build Pictures.

Gary....
rnrdoc is offline Find More Posts by rnrdoc