HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:07 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
Lmao....Unreal...
Yort69 is online now Find More Posts by Yort69
Last edited by Yort69; Nov 06, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:49 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Aug 2013
585 Posts
Haters gonna hate..... jealous much?
The_Reaper_83 is offline Find More Posts by The_Reaper_83
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:00 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,117 Posts
What was that all about... lol
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
Sorry, I thought you were a much older from your posts until you wrote about the KCPilot channel. Apparently, I am not allowed to use the P word here.

E-flite Blade 120SR Nose In In A Small Room (5 min 2 sec)
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:46 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
Yea, I suspect it probably isn't a good idea to make accusations like that unless you know what your talking about and WHO it is your talking about that being the young fella in the video you linked... Sorry or not I still cant figure what prompted you to do that...and really don't want to know either...
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:47 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
Who me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper_83 View Post
Haters gonna hate..... jealous much?
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:14 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Joined Aug 2013
585 Posts
Nah not you, but I am a little jealous of Scrapers ability, damn Xbox generation. Saying that the younger generation tend to take the bigger risks, I can fly like that on the sim but once I'm at the field spooled up, I kind of clamp up and fly safely inside my comfort zone.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:22 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Sorry, I thought you were a much older from your posts until you wrote about the KCPilot channel. Apparently, I am not allowed to use the P word here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An4AIgK7SBE
Oh gosh lol that's an old video
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:25 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper_83 View Post
Nah not you, but I am a little jealous of Scrapers ability, damn Xbox generation. Saying that the younger generation tend to take the bigger risks, I can fly like that on the sim but once I'm at the field spooled up, I kind of clamp up and fly safely inside my comfort zone.
Lol. I don't play video games hardly ever. Everybody talking about the new COD Ghosts... I'm talking about the new Align 150 DFC............. :|

I honestly don't like video games much to be honest. Before I got interested in RC (like 5 yr old) I really liked balloons.... Lol.

I agree about the last sentence, I do the same thing. I can do hard smack 3D on the simulator with a Goblin 700 but if someone let me fly a goblin in real life I would probably not do that... Lol too afraid to break it
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:36 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Joined Aug 2013
585 Posts
COD the scurge of the video game industry, people its the same game with different colors. So yeah that 150 you gonna get one? Depending on cost ( and wifes approval) I might. Inflated prices here usually keep me away.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:06 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
That is funny Scraper. I have a 18 year old boy I raised myself sense he was 2. I have 13 RC boats-11 Nitro and 2 electric ranging from Outboards to Cats to Riggers to Hydro's, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 3.3, 5 flyable planes 4 EDF jets and 1 P-51 prop plane and 6 Heli's and my boy has ZERO interest in any of it. He likes his phone and his video games and girls...good kid though . He likes the boats once I make him go with me on occasion. Once he's there he enjoys it but still has Zero interest in building or learning about the hobby. Your pops is a lucky guy !
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:47 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69 View Post
That is funny Scraper. I have a 18 year old boy I raised myself sense he was 2. I have 13 RC boats-11 Nitro and 2 electric ranging from Outboards to Cats to Riggers to Hydro's, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 3.3, 5 flyable planes 4 EDF jets and 1 P-51 prop plane and 6 Heli's and my boy has ZERO interest in any of it. He likes his phone and his video games and girls...good kid though . He likes the boats once I make him go with me on occasion. Once he's there he enjoys it but still has Zero interest in building or learning about the hobby. Your pops is a lucky guy !
Wow.

My dad is into RC but he rarely has time I fly because of work (he works for Sprint) so he isn't the best pilot tbh. He is trying to convince me that helis are not for me and I should stick to foamies until I get a real job, but I keep telling him that planes are just so boring compared to helis! I love helis SO much more. He just thinks they are a total Pain in the !
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
As a father, I would definitely be very worried if my child is deeply addicted to video games. But on the other hand, I am not sure I would be that happy either if he/she is involved in RC helis, especially large ones which may be dangerous. Having said that, I find this video of a 4 year old doing 3D quite incredible. Can you remember what you were able to do at 4 years old? Many would have problems in hitting the ball back with racket sports.

4 year old Min-Chan Kim RC heli flying (9 min 10 sec)
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:28 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,011 Posts
Wow !!!

If he's only 4, then he's probably only been flying 3 yrs or less, and if he's that good in that short amount of time, then I suspect he must have had a good teacher.

I doubt someone can become that good of a 3D pilot in that short of time all alone.

Imagine how much better the world would be, and how much smarter children would be if they had access to someone that knew the best answers to all their questions.

For many of us, the internet is the best resource we have.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Nov 07, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 03:04 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
I think it is too early to say whether he and Justin Jee are true prodigies because so few other children have the chance to do what they did at that age. It seems that that the really talented only takes a few years to reach the top of the world. For example, Jamie Robertson took 6 years to win the 3D masters and Tareq Alsaadi reached the top of his form at around that time. Therefore, there is definitely a chance for BladeScaper to get ahead.

BladeScapper, you should aim to be World Champion by 17. Do remember your friends at RCG when you reach there though!