HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
Discussion
Possible incompatibility between Naza, Corona Rx and... something?

Good evening. I keep having trouble with my F550+Naza.
There are some weird behaviours that I'm starting to think about a Rx problem, now that I had some other problems fixed with a new Naza (mine refused to fly in ATTI mode).

1st issue: I cannot upgrade to Naza firmware 2.02. As soon as I do it and try to calibrate the sticks in the Assistant screen, both channels in the right stick are completly off when I finnish calibrating them. Thro and Rudd are centered, but Pitch&Roll are way off (like at 30% and 70%). I know the procedure pretty well, I do it quite often with Fw 2.01 with no problem, but no way for me to make it work under fw 2.02. I have to downgrade to fw 2.01. Everyone else here states they have no problem with new fw

2nd issue. When start the motors (CSC) in MANUAL mode, craft still idling on the ground, if I switch to ATTI mode (not touching anything else), it throttles up for 1-2 seconds enough to make it lift 1ft. After this time it falls down to gnd again Then it behaves right under ATTI but that behaviour during switching is scary. Two other users I had the chance to meet reported that doesn't happen on theirs.

Also, in the calibration screen I'm noticing there's some jitter in all the channels. All of them, including X1/X2 and MODE. I thought it would be something in the software but then I recalled that this receiver (corona rp8d1) had the same problem with real servos connected to the outputs when I used it on a EasyStar for FPV in Spain, although it wasn't an issue to fly with it. Now I'm starting to think this jitter is getting some trouble to the Naza, but I don't have any other Rx here to test. Also my Tx (Futaba 9C) is on 35MHz (came from Spain) so it's no so easy to find a 35MHz Rx here to try.

Has anyone here found any similar issues? Can these problems be due to the jitter in the Rx outputs? I have also noticed in the Asstnt screen, that even during FailSafe in the Corona (so with TX off, the Rx simulating the safe conditions on the outputs) the jitter remains, so it's not the TX what glitches...

Any help would be appreciated...
edugimeno is offline Find More Posts by edugimeno
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edugimeno View Post
Good evening. I keep having trouble with my F550+Naza.
There are some weird behaviours that I'm starting to think about a Rx problem, now that I had some other problems fixed with a new Naza (mine refused to fly in ATTI mode).

1st issue: I cannot upgrade to Naza firmware 2.02. As soon as I do it and try to calibrate the sticks in the Assistant screen, both channels in the right stick are completly off when I finnish calibrating them. Thro and Rudd are centered, but Pitch&Roll are way off (like at 30% and 70%). I know the procedure pretty well, I do it quite often with Fw 2.01 with no problem, but no way for me to make it work under fw 2.02. I have to downgrade to fw 2.01. Everyone else here states they have no problem with new fw

2nd issue. When start the motors (CSC) in MANUAL mode, craft still idling on the ground, if I switch to ATTI mode (not touching anything else), it throttles up for 1-2 seconds enough to make it lift 1ft. After this time it falls down to gnd again Then it behaves right under ATTI but that behaviour during switching is scary. Two other users I had the chance to meet reported that doesn't happen on theirs.

Also, in the calibration screen I'm noticing there's some jitter in all the channels. All of them, including X1/X2 and MODE. I thought it would be something in the software but then I recalled that this receiver (corona rp8d1) had the same problem with real servos connected to the outputs when I used it on a EasyStar for FPV in Spain, although it wasn't an issue to fly with it. Now I'm starting to think this jitter is getting some trouble to the Naza, but I don't have any other Rx here to test. Also my Tx (Futaba 9C) is on 35MHz (came from Spain) so it's no so easy to find a 35MHz Rx here to try.

Has anyone here found any similar issues? Can these problems be due to the jitter in the Rx outputs? I have also noticed in the Asstnt screen, that even during FailSafe in the Corona (so with TX off, the Rx simulating the safe conditions on the outputs) the jitter remains, so it's not the TX what glitches...

Any help would be appreciated...
what radio frequency are you using? naza isn't compatible with older systems like 72mhz because the amount of noise that the fc admits interferes with the radio receiver.
ssam99 is offline Find More Posts by ssam99
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
35 MHz, but the jitter happened the same 2 years ago, with a glider with regular servos ( no FC). I was using tbis corona received and my Futaba 9c tx
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edugimeno View Post
35 MHz, but the jitter happened the same 2 years ago, with a glider with regular servos ( no FC). I was using tbis corona received and my Futaba 9c tx
I think solved your own problem there. sounds like a bad reciever or one that randomly acts up.
ssam99 is offline Find More Posts by ssam99
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Mar 2010
144 Posts
Hi
Its not a bad receiver it is a problem with the firmware or Assistant I have had the same problem and I went back to 1.6 and 2.01 and it all works fine .

Beeper
beeper is offline Find More Posts by beeper
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:50 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
HI,

I am not sure if your Rx bad or Naza firmware causing any problem but I would warn you against using any older systems (like low Frequency FM/PCM modulations) with Naza.
Naza emits noise at low part of VHF (VHF = 30mhz to 300mhz) that highly interferes with low frequency Rx systems. It reduces the range and causes extreme glitches.
Timecop used his spectrum analyzer to prove it when I brought up this issue past July.

See the below...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...d+you+know+thi
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeper View Post
Hi
Its not a bad receiver it is a problem with the firmware or Assistant I have had the same problem and I went back to 1.6 and 2.01 and it all works fine .

Beeper
Beeper what problems do you have? Did you see my details? What Rx do you use? I have a Corona rp8d1.

Iskoos, my receiver has glitches "by his own", with and without a Naza, I know it because it already had it when I used it for gliders, but I didn't get any real noticeable effect while flying, only I could hear the servos humming while on the ground. Now with the Naza I get some weird effects like a sudden throtle up for a second when I switch from MAN to ATTI while idling on the ground and some other minor stuff, but that's fine. I already ordered another Rx, it's on its way.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:10 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
I have a coronaR8FA FASST compatible rx hooked it up to my Trex 600 / DJI AceOne.

Every 13sec all channels jump to failsafe condition for a fraction of a second.

Needless to say, I took this rx off & reinstalled my Futaba 14ch RX.

this corona rx works fine on my sailplane and DJI NAZA quad, but rears this ugly problem with the A1... I'm not sure if you're having the same problem, but it's information.

Cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is online now Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
No, I had a different problem, the glitches went away when I got a new Corona, but I still have the weird thing of the the throttle revving up for 1/2 second when I swiitch flight modes. I just got used to it...