SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
As I mentioned a few times, I TO got alot of wobble when powering up the first time.

This was due to some bad props
What I mean with that is the tracking was way off..WAY OFF.
One tip would be higher than the other tip by several milimeters.

When I replaced those props with a brand new set of balanced APC props, it was smooth as silk.

I also have to make sure that my motors were perfectly straight up and down, otherwise I would get a little bit of YAW movement.

once those thing were done, everything was good.

tc3wins, sorry you are having issues with yours, but short of walking you through the setup step by step, I'd like to see pictures of your props, laying flat on a table to see if the tracking is off.

Also, you mentioned that your system didn't vibrate with the props off yes?
and it did vibrate with the props on?

you know I am going to say that its your props...because thats the only logical conclusion OTHER than having your motors misaligned or having bent shafts/prop adapters.

For the vast majority of the owners...its minor things that we are sorting out, but not vibration issues.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,314 Posts
I don't know exactly what I did it just started to work with both routers. Got everything to read on the pc.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
I just did the throttle range calibration last night as I set up my X8; step number 3 and 7 are different from Xrotor's instructions. Here are the steps with my amendments:

Note: make sure to remove props first for safety.
1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
That worked PERFECTLY!!

Did it exactly like you layed out...and all 8 esc's beeped in turn, then lowered the throttle and all 8 beeped at once.

while my copter was flying fine, the motors didn't start up at the same time, but now they all are.
all the esc's were throttle calibrated before installation, but I didn't work at getting the FC to calibrate the throttles as they should be

Thanks for the exact instructions. Enable Insurance was a must for it to work properly.
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 16, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
I just did the throttle range calibration last night as I set up my X8; step number 3 and 7 are different from Xrotor's instructions. Here are the steps with my amendments:

Note: make sure to remove props first for safety.
1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
@fajar
Thanks for the amendments
What's "enable insurance" do? I always wonder what it does
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:11 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
who here is flying an octo with the YS
pm me. I have a question
thanks
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
@fajar
Thanks for the amendments
What's "enable insurance" do? I always wonder what it does
No problemo amigo.

Enable insurance is arming mode.

@ cryhavoc check your pm.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:39 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,314 Posts
I just finished up some tests on the frame and motors I was using with the YS-X6. I put 3 other flight control boards on the frame. a I86 from HK , a KK board , and a multiwii board. and well, there was no wobble or shaking what so ever. everything was solid. I also installed the same three boards on the Hexa I was using and same result all was solid. no wobble. SO I am thinking that the IMU is either too sensitive, or it was bad. I am sending back to have gothelirc look at it to see what is up.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:13 PM
RCI
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Hello
, A customer has a problem, when he armed the FC will operate only two engines. Any idea why this happens?
RCI is offline Find More Posts by RCI
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Just got out flying yesterday and in 20-25 knots I activated the return to home feature. I kid you not... The craft landed within 3 feet of where it had originally taken off. Amazing
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCI View Post
Hello
, A customer has a problem, when he armed the FC will operate only two engines. Any idea why this happens?
Do they get power if they throttle up on all motors? What ESC's are they using, and are they calibrated? I had a small issue with one motor firing up, then stopping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNr-DjtGF0o

I recalibrated the ESC's, seemed to tidy the issue up.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Finally got a few minutes to install the Skyline IMU on the AV130 attached to the Cinestar/YS-X6. Got everything setup, charged a battery, went out in the yard for a little test flight, powered everything up, started the motors and brought the throttle up. In a split second it jumped up about 2 feet and did a backflip into the dirt!

I've flown this setup many times now and it's been fine to this point, never had an issue with it even looking like it would flip in any conditions. From a quick visual inspection I can see it broke a prop and bent the roll cradle on the AV130. Fortunately the Nex 5N that was on the AV130 didn't get damaged, that really would have p****d me off. I put it on the shelf and haven't looked any closer to see if anything else is broken, I'll leave it there until I get back from my Monday - Wednesday business trip.

Not happy with this thing right now, thinking of reverting back to the WKM that I had on this frame before the YS...
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I wouldn't give up on it... I've been flying mine now for over 3 weeks, and have yet to have any issues. Been using the Aeroxcraft gimbal on mine. Besides a bit of Jello, the things seems to be working great.

You should send in your log files to YS and see if they can help you sort out the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Finally got a few minutes to install the Skyline IMU on the AV130 attached to the Cinestar/YS-X6. Got everything setup, charged a battery, went out in the yard for a little test flight, powered everything up, started the motors and brought the throttle up. In a split second it jumped up about 2 feet and did a backflip into the dirt!

I've flown this setup many times now and it's been fine to this point, never had an issue with it even looking like it would flip in any conditions. From a quick visual inspection I can see it broke a prop and bent the roll cradle on the AV130. Fortunately the Nex 5N that was on the AV130 didn't get damaged, that really would have p****d me off. I put it on the shelf and haven't looked any closer to see if anything else is broken, I'll leave it there until I get back from my Monday - Wednesday business trip.

Not happy with this thing right now, thinking of reverting back to the WKM that I had on this frame before the YS...
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Hi
I just got my Ys-x6 but I have problems to download the App for my iphone with safari any ide?
The phone have been jailbroken and i have installed MY-FI on it got that working.
please help!!!
SSJheli
ssjheli is offline Find More Posts by ssjheli
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCI View Post
Hello
Please recalibrate the throttle range of your ESC by using the YS GCS app. You can find the instructions here.
multirotortech is offline Find More Posts by multirotortech
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjheli View Post
Hi
I just got my Ys-x6 but I have problems to download the App for my iphone with safari any ide?
The phone have been jailbroken and i have installed MY-FI on it got that working.
please help!!!
SSJheli
Install cydia app "safari download enabler" if you want to download the app straight to your phone. The rest of the process is a bit complicated as it requires another app (ifile) to unrar the package then install it in the /applications directory. So locate the downloaded file, unrar then move it to /applications directory. Set the appropriate permission in the /applications directory.

Please google how to install an app by using iFile app (setting the appropriate 755 permission then apply the permission to the whole file including the ones in the sub-directory). After completing the installation, you must restart the ipad/ reload the spring board.

The easiest way is to download the app by using a PC/ Mac. Please find the instructions here.
multirotortech is offline Find More Posts by multirotortech
Last edited by multirotortech; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:04 PM.