SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2009
266 Posts
Discussion
groups in Phoenix area

Does anyone know if there are any groups flying indoors in the Phoenix, AZ area? I've just started flying micro's and having a blast, but wondered if there is anyone else that might be flying indoors here.
Hope this is in the right place.
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:30 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,630 Posts
We had a bit of a thing going for a while, but the school district shut us down. They were wanting a nice chunk of change to rent the gym for a couple hours once a month, much more than any of us was willing to pay.
Ryan Archer is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Archer
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:16 PM
Joined Feb 2009
266 Posts
That sounds farmiliar, I used to live in the white mtns and Springerville has that big dome for $600/hr. jerks, then they let car clubs use it for free. thanks for the reply
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:19 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,630 Posts
We had something going about a year and a half ago, 20 guys with different little contraptions/3d planes/heli's...I am not apposed to trying again, but i think it would work better in the summer time, when it's too hot to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon View Post
That sounds farmiliar, I used to live in the white mtns and Springerville has that big dome for $600/hr. jerks, then they let car clubs use it for free. thanks for the reply
Ryan Archer is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Archer