SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:45 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Flight Gear and Blade 350qx

i finally got the carbon fiber frame for my Blade that i have been searching for. awesome quality and flies pretty viciously too. added extreme carbon fiber props, aluminum adapters and viola...
armenvegas is offline Find More Posts by armenvegas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2014, 09:36 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
heres all the pics ive got so far. i added the pic with the bigger battery so you can see how off balance she is when i use that Thunder power 2700 mah 45c.

the fpv gear is a 32 ch. Bosscam 5.8Ghz . i have Fatshark Predator V2 that ive used with it but im way too new to trust just the goggles. i need a monitor to practice with.

i i dont have too much room in my backyard and i live near a small airport so i just fly aggresive circles and box patterns at home at about 6 ft high.

the camera is 5 volts so tucked just behind and under it is an Anyvolt voltage regulator and last nite i hot glued the El Wire and wired to the regulator just to see if i could.
I went way overboard with the glue.
the very rear left is the compass and i covered that with hot glue and also the receiver antenna pokes out the bottom so i felt it was too vulnerable.

can you tell i like hot glue. lol

http://youtu.be/9HYQK_wKbj8?t=6s
Last edited by armenvegas; Nov 29, 2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 09:52 PM
United States, IL, Edelstein
Joined Jan 2014
52 Posts
LOL you do like you some hot glue! Very nice on the lights that is pretty cool looking at night! Thanks again for sharing! Get practicing with those goggles, RTH will save you!
Bad Company is offline Find More Posts by Bad Company
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:29 PM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
How does the quad fly with the carbon fiber frame as opposed to the stock body? Have you crashed it? Did anything break? I just broke the rear arm of my 350QX2 and was considering moving to the carbon fiber frame since I'm going to have to take my 350QX2 apart to repair it.
vector7 is offline Find More Posts by vector7
Old Dec 14, 2014, 09:03 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
it flies good. i have crashed and only replaced props. its made well, very tough. i broke 3 stock frame arms and figured its time to get a premium frame. and thats what it is. im gonna take off the excess glue, EL Wire and get the correct size shrink tubing(i grabbed the biggest i could find 1 and a half inch) its too thick, too heavy and i didnt have my frame yet so i just guessed at Frys Electronics.

so my point is that even with all the extra junk on the frame it still flew but after a bunch of flights i started to notice that the rear props started to bow like a "U". due to the battery being in the back.

the instructions show where to place the FC so that its centered but its very rear heavy so i would recommend balancing the battery and the FC so that the center of gravity was more where the battery is(maybe a third deck)?

so to counter all the un equal distribution i use extreme props and fly in stability with the right stick trim almost completely forward. it flies fast and sharp. and i dont have to worry about snapping an arm when i stop hard.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:50 PM
France, IDF, Paris
Joined Nov 2014
28 Posts
Hi
Autonomy is more or less important compared to the original body ?
christouf is offline Find More Posts by christouf
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:55 PM
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
We out of cash Three or more inventory body forearms plus calculated it's to acquire a high quality frame.
Marshallnx is offline Find More Posts by Marshallnx
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:08 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Yes I had to get a more rigid frame because of arms breaking too easily. At $35.00 each, a couple frames $70. at the 3rd frame replacement you'll feel foolish not to get a better frame.
my suggestion would be at the first break save your self cash and buy the better frame.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallnx View Post
We out of cash Three or more inventory body forearms plus calculated it's to acquire a high quality frame.
Yup its $125.00
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:17 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by christouf View Post
Hi
Autonomy is more or less important compared to the original body ?
I don't really understand; does it still fly well in smart mode... Yes.
Its still a Blade 350qx but kind of like in bullet proof vest.
It is heavier, but I am not worried at all about simple plastic breaking causing me to lose $500 quad.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:09 AM
France, IDF, Paris
Joined Nov 2014
28 Posts
The flight Time of blade with original plastic frame is 13mn with 3000mah battery and Fpv with gopro.
With the Phoenix carbon frame the flight Time are lower or upper ?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:17 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Quote:
The flight Time of blade with original plastic frame is 13mn with 3000mah battery and Fpv with gopro.
With the Phoenix carbon frame the flight Time are lower or upper ?
I don't have a go pro, or a 3000mah battery, but with fpv and a 2700mah its about 10 mins.
I think the times would be a little less because the Phoenix frame is heavier.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 01:13 PM
France, IDF, Paris
Joined Nov 2014
28 Posts
I wait rakonheli carbon body frame for 350qx it Will disponible and 3 next month.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2014
386 Posts
Quote:
I wait rakonheli carbon body frame for 350qx it Will disponible and 3 next month.
i want the Rakon frame too. but between now and 3 months(maybe) i would have broken at least 3 more original bodies... so i had to decide waste another $35.00 or just get something that will last.

Rakon Frame looks very sweet too.
for me its not a competition, i will own both.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:19 PM
United States, OK, Guymon
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Not to hijack the thread, but where do I see this rakonheli frame??? I have been patiently waiting thinking they would have one coming. I love how this "discovery"ish frame looks though too and yours turned out really nice. I am tired of breaking stock frames too.... Haha
Chaser11 is offline Find More Posts by Chaser11