to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2016, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by rchrist
Joined Nov 2013
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlen View Post
Hi.
Please tell me the diameter of the main shaft and the diameter of the balls on the swashplate.
Swashplate balls is also roughly 4mm.

Ric...
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
Old Feb 08, 2016, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Goden
Joined Jan 2010
81 Posts
I put one of my Turnigy 1000mah LiPo's on the nose of this thing with some stick-on velcro and flew it around today.

It flies kinda wobbly when doing spins thanks to the heavier nose so it has a bit of a drunken yaw but other than that it flies pretty darn good all things considered. I like it! The extra battery will help it avoid spins of death too.
Goden is offline Find More Posts by Goden
Old Feb 17, 2016, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by jamesppp
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,793 Posts
I decided to fly my dusty 200 SRX this afternoon for the first time in months... maybe a year.
chged up a pack, took it and my DX9 out in the driveway and it wouldn't change flight modes...
On my Dx9 the B switch is the flight mode switch. No matter what setting it was as if it was in the beginner mode where there is almost no control thorow in the ail/ele control or the rudder as far as as that goes
I checked all the settings and I had Acro mode
Gear=B
Aux1=I and Aux 1 was reversed that is about it for the programming
I originally set thiss up on my old DX7 which had the wrong programming in the 200SRX manual
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Feb 28, 2016, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by farquward
Today is a good day to fly
United States, CA
Joined Sep 2014
616 Posts
Did you setup the D/R sw's for 100% high. 70% low?

Wondering if anyone has tried the MH 3 blade setup vs the RHK.
farquward is online now Find More Posts by farquward
Old Feb 28, 2016, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
3,612 Posts
feathering shaft O rings. Have in my possession three sets of feathering shaft O rings, original set from the rotor head, then a spare set from extreme, and a new feathering shaft and O ring set from Blade.

in summary the o ring thickness increases across all three, original thinnest, Xtreme tad thicker and new blade replacement - noticeably thicker. Differences are visible by eye, hard to accurately measure OD/ID and thickness but the latest replacement is noticeable tighter fit and has reduced blade group movement.

I did try the Lynx bushes but the heli went into uncontrollable vibration "dither" those bushes are very hard - stiff vs the O rings.

maybe blade is tweaking things in the back ground, sure seems so when looking at the original O rings and the new set I just bought, as soon as movement goes up on the blade grip flight manners degrade on this bird..............
kiwi_craig is online now Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Old Feb 28, 2016, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by whitehawk
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
United States, IN, Dyer
Joined Mar 2008
549 Posts
I just got this heli...I bought the RTF version. I can't seem to get this to hover hands off. Now, I was trying this first flight out in the garage (no wind). I had to constantly give it imput to keep it in the same general area. Question: Does the transmitter have to be more than 30' feet to properly initialize? Just wondering if this would have effect on the SAFE technology?
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Feb 29, 2016, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
What goes up must come down
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk View Post
I just got this heli...I bought the RTF version. I can't seem to get this to hover hands off. Now, I was trying this first flight out in the garage (no wind). I had to constantly give it imput to keep it in the same general area. Question: Does the transmitter have to be more than 30' feet to properly initialize? Just wondering if this would have effect on the SAFE technology?
The Heli will never just stay in one spot you will have to put tiny inputs into the transmitter .
the Heli has stability characteristics to assist pilots but it's not like a gps lock to hold in one spot
Bush Pusher is offline Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by whitehawk
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
United States, IN, Dyer
Joined Mar 2008
549 Posts
Ok, thanks.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Feb 29, 2016, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by Brian VT
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
687 Posts
I can often let go of the sticks while hovering. You really do need the right circumstances though. I bet there's more air current in your garage than you think and the heli gets air moving too, especially when it's near something.
Get it outdoors on a calm, or at least consistent breeze, day and I think you'll find that it is very stable.
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Feb 29, 2016, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by metalwizard
United States, UT, Hurricane
Joined Aug 2012
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
I decided to fly my dusty 200 SRX this afternoon for the first time in months... maybe a year.
chged up a pack, took it and my DX9 out in the driveway and it wouldn't change flight modes...
On my Dx9 the B switch is the flight mode switch. No matter what setting it was as if it was in the beginner mode where there is almost no control thorow in the ail/ele control or the rudder as far as as that goes
I checked all the settings and I had Acro mode
Gear=B
Aux1=I and Aux 1 was reversed that is about it for the programming
I originally set thiss up on my old DX7 which had the wrong programming in the 200SRX manual
Just a thought I have accidentally had the "panic" switch on its like being in beginer mode no matter what mode you are in..

I have noticed in panic you actually do gave some control of the heli but it's not much,
metalwizard is offline Find More Posts by metalwizard
Old Mar 04, 2016, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by sweets
United Kingdom, Brighstone
Joined Aug 2013
1,049 Posts
no wind today so did some flying with my rc toys (quads and helos )so nice to get some air time again after so long
sweets is online now Find More Posts by sweets
Old Mar 05, 2016, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by pascandrea
Joined Dec 2013
206 Posts
4 blades RKH

Since few years i got my first 200srx, i broke it several time as normal after this i changed the stock body for the RKH and now i found a second hand one with the same RKH body than what i had, so i bought the 4 blades head and installed it on the "new" one, add also a 13t pinion and here we are ...
Didn t had time for the flight, sorry ...
pascandrea is offline Find More Posts by pascandrea
Old Mar 05, 2016, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
3,612 Posts
Bit of test data for those so inclined

Xtreme 8 deg blades, 13 t pinion. Max rotor head rpm bang on 3800 rpm

Same but then with the lynx 14 t pinion, 3875 rpm.

Clearly the 14 is the limit. Motor efficeny on the 13t is around 75%. 14t drips back to 71%

The steel lynx gear runs very quiet compared to the brass units it seems.
kiwi_craig is online now Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Old Mar 05, 2016, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by farquward
Today is a good day to fly
United States, CA
Joined Sep 2014
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
Bit of test data for those so inclined

Xtreme 8 deg blades, 13 t pinion. Max rotor head rpm bang on 3800 rpm

Same but then with the lynx 14 t pinion, 3875 rpm.

Clearly the 14 is the limit. Motor efficeny on the 13t is around 75%. 14t drips back to 71%

The steel lynx gear runs very quiet compared to the brass units it seems.
And this is with the stock 120t main gear, correct? I don't think the pitch of the rotors affects the head speed, is that also correct? I would think efficiency is close to 75% with 13/104 gearing, stock rotors but haven't "run the numbers" as the run time of 6.5 minutes with the added power and speed works for me. What are you using for a tachometer kiwi? My old unit needs dusted off, it's a Heathkit Thumb Tach model GO-69. Next time it stops raining I'll take it with us and try to get some numbers with the 104t main gear.
farquward is online now Find More Posts by farquward