Find More Posts by tmihai20
Mr. Neo
Romania, GL, Galați
Joined Feb 2015
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedkorl View Post
You were moving what around?
I was moving the quad around. I saw that weird movement only when the quad was going at high speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoRon View Post
Maybe it needs a sensor calibration.
I calibrated it once. I found some settings on another forum, I will give a go these days with the new settings and let you all know how it went.
tmihai20 is offline Find More Posts by tmihai20
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2015, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by iskoos
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
481 Posts
Hi,

I had a crash recently and my Tarot T-2d gimbal is not working properly.
I started a thread about the issue and looked for help. For some reason, my thread isn't getting any attention.
I would like to fix my gimbal but I need to properly diagnose it first so I can order the correct part.

The thread is located in this forum section with the title "Tarot T-2D Roll axis twitching after a crash landing!.."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2523560

Would you mind sharing your opinion?
Thanks
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Oct 21, 2015, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by clonedkorl
A&P Diddy
Midlothian, Tx
Joined Oct 2008
646 Posts
It appears to have low motor power on the roll axis. Check connections and wires for any strains or breaks.
clonedkorl is offline Find More Posts by clonedkorl
Old Oct 22, 2015, 04:30 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedkorl View Post
It appears to have low motor power on the roll axis. Check connections and wires for any strains or breaks.
Thank you for the idea. The roll motor power is currently 60. It was always like that and was enough. I am not sure what might have changed after the crash but I will definitely look into this and report back.
Thanks...
Old Oct 22, 2015, 06:22 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
481 Posts
Just played with motor power setting from 20 to 100 (this is the max) and no change in the attitude.

I will go ahead and post this in my original forum whose link is above. It would be better for the sake of the discussion.

If you have any further comment/idea, I would appreciate if you post there...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskoos View Post
Hi,

I had a crash recently and my Tarot T-2d gimbal is not working properly.
I started a thread about the issue and looked for help. For some reason, my thread isn't getting any attention.
I would like to fix my gimbal but I need to properly diagnose it first so I can order the correct part.

The thread is located in this forum section with the title "Tarot T-2D Roll axis twitching after a crash landing!.."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2523560

Would you mind sharing your opinion?
Thanks
I crashed twice and had the exact same issue, only one time it was lots worse. The time it was similar to yours, a set screw on the roll arm to the motor shaft was loose. Tightening solved it. Make sure it is seated on the flat spot in the shaft before tightening

The other time I had to replace the control board and IMU. Your control board light is still blue, mine went to red when I had to replace it.
FunN4Lo is offline Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Nov 16, 2015, 04:48 AM
Find More Posts by tmihai20
Mr. Neo
Romania, GL, Galați
Joined Feb 2015
162 Posts
I just found a nice resource about this gimbal on 3DR Robotics website, with nice and clear instructions on how to set it up. I thought I would leave it here https://3drobotics.com/kb/tarot-gimb...386.1444731826. Download the pdfs now while they are still on the website.
tmihai20 is offline Find More Posts by tmihai20
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by larrydavid
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2015
18 Posts
Has anyone else had this problem..

After flying for a few minutes, the gimbal will suddenly roll all the way to one side, sometimes rolling from one side all the way to the other. Happens even if I am flying fairly level.

I have tried unplugging the tilt control lead from the receiver and I haven’t experienced the problem yet, but as soon as I plug the tilt control back in, it happens.

The gimbal is a Tarot T-2D. I have a separate 3S battery powering the gimbal and VTx. I have also tried running the battery through the fatshark filtered power supply thing and it still happens. I have also tried powering it off my main battery pack and I still have the problem.

I have also tried updating the firmware on the gimbal, it was already up to date but made no difference anyway.

Rest of my specs..
DJI F450, E300 power system, NAZA lite
Tarot T-2d gimbal + GoPro Hero3
Devo 7 & RX701 receiver
Fatshark 250mW VTx
Tiny OSD IIII w/ GPS (Hobbyking)
3s battery

Cheers!
larrydavid is offline Find More Posts by larrydavid
Old Jan 19, 2016, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by F550flyer64832
F550flyer
United States, VA, Wise
Joined Feb 2013
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
Has anyone else had this problem..

After flying for a few minutes, the gimbal will suddenly roll all the way to one side, sometimes rolling from one side all the way to the other. Happens even if I am flying fairly level.

I have tried unplugging the tilt control lead from the receiver and I havenít experienced the problem yet, but as soon as I plug the tilt control back in, it happens.

The gimbal is a Tarot T-2D. I have a separate 3S battery powering the gimbal and VTx. I have also tried running the battery through the fatshark filtered power supply thing and it still happens. I have also tried powering it off my main battery pack and I still have the problem.

I have also tried updating the firmware on the gimbal, it was already up to date but made no difference anyway.

Rest of my specs..
DJI F450, E300 power system, NAZA lite
Tarot T-2d gimbal + GoPro Hero3
Devo 7 & RX701 receiver
Fatshark 250mW VTx
Tiny OSD IIII w/ GPS (Hobbyking)
3s battery

Cheers!
Have you got a ground wire running from gimbal to the receiver. It has to be grounded to work properly.
F550flyer64832 is offline Find More Posts by F550flyer64832
Old Jan 20, 2016, 01:43 AM
Find More Posts by larrydavid
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2015
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F550flyer64832 View Post
Have you got a ground wire running from gimbal to the receiver. It has to be grounded to work properly.
I think that may have been the problem.

I initially had it wired like this into a single channel of my receiver (as per Helipal's instructions - where I bought my quad from)
R ---> +
T ---> S
C ---> -

I just tried wiring it like this (as per the FAQ thread)
T ---> S
- ---> -

and it seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks
larrydavid is offline Find More Posts by larrydavid