New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
2,692 Posts
Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S Brushless) "Stella" Landing Gear Test

I flew Stella today for the Landing Gears Flight Test from this afternoon till Sundown at David Lorenz Park with 6-7 mph gusty winds. Throttle management and speed are a must for landing her gracefully. Sadly no video at this time, but soon.

She passed beautifully.
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2015, 05:18 PM
Joined Apr 2015
2,692 Posts
Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S Brushless) "Stella" - Gears On Flight

Best viewed in Fullscreen and HD! This is the second recorded flight of my Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S Brushless) "Stella", demonstrating her flight characteristics with the Landing Gears installed.

Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S BL) "Stella" - Gears On Flight (7 min 1 sec)

RC Groups Blog Write-Up with Build Photos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2532958

With the Landing Gears on, her flight characteristics do not seem to be affected much if at all, thanks to the Eflite Brushless 180 2500KV Motor and UMX P-47 4-Bladed Prop. She can easily perform aggressive Warbird Maneuvers, even with the larger 1" foam wheels, taken from a spare set of UMX Habu Wheels.

Cold temperatures have arrived in Colorado and my hands were freezing at the park. I could feel the Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C battery struggle a bit in the colder temps during the more aggressive maneuvers, however lasted easily through the 5 minutes of flight.

Landings can be a bit of a challenge as the P-40 has a noticeable stall speed that you have to be above. Anything below that stall speed and she will let you know with a wing tip. I've watched too many videos of this same plane with other pilots trying to glide her in too slowly, and have met the deck with a wing over or a tip. I've taken heed of this and am very mindful on that final approach.

Flying her now with the 2S Brushless Conversion is incredibly fun and thrilling, and landings test your finesse. I like that this is a plane that tests the pilot and loves to be flown like a Warbird.

What a great plane!

CONVERSION PARTS:
Motor: Eflite 180 Brushless 2500KV Motor
Motor Mount: Aeromodz Custom P-40 Motor Mount
Propeller: UMX P-47 4-Bladed Prop
Spinner: Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mustang Nose Spinner
ESC/Receiver - UMX Beast 3D AS3X Receiver Board

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Battery: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button and feel free to Share if you enjoyed the video!
Old Jan 07, 2016, 03:16 PM
Joined Apr 2015
2,692 Posts
Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S Brushless) "Stella" - Flight Music Video

A flight music video with my Parkzone Ultra Micro Custom 2S Brushless P-40 Warhawk.

Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk (2S Brushless) "Stella" - Music Video (3 min 18 sec)

Winds at the park during this flight were gusting and constantly changing directions, making the flight unpredictable and a bit unsettling. Fortunately, the AS3X and the 2S Brushless power provided excellent air authority over the constantly changing conditions as I was able to combat the wind through an aerobatic flight and bring her home safely.

"This flight is dedicated to Stella and Family. As the wind is ever-changing and unpredictable, your wings are strong and you'll overcome whatever challenges the winds of life brings. Have faith."

For more information, please see my RC Groups Initial Blog Write-Up with Build Photos Link below for more information on the Conversion/Build Process: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2532958

CONVERSION PARTS:
Motor: Eflite 180 Brushless 2500KV Motor
Motor Mount: Aeromodz Custom P-40 Motor Mount
Propeller: UMX P-47 4-Bladed Prop
Spinner: Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mustang Nose Spinner
ESC/Receiver - UMX Beast 3D AS3X Receiver EFLU 4864

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Battery: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes

Camera: iPhone 6 at 1080P / 60 FPS
Headmount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._detailpages00

Music: Angel Beats Theme by Taylor Davis

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button and feel free to Share if you enjoyed the video!
Old Jan 09, 2016, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by jdwolters
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,604 Posts
Nice!
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2010
8,506 Posts
Another nice one Blaze. And I love how your post gives all the details.

I'll do that to my P40 UMX one of these days. Sat down and watched some P40 dog fight documentary on YouTube the other night...after I ordered that FMS P40 from GearBest. Their sale was too good to pass up.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:58 AM
Joined Apr 2015
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
Nice!
Thanks buddy! I appreciate the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Another nice one Blaze. And I love how your post gives all the details.

I'll do that to my P40 UMX one of these days. Sat down and watched some P40 dog fight documentary on YouTube the other night...after I ordered that FMS P40 from GearBest. Their sale was too good to pass up.
Thanks Daryoon!! Much appreciated. And I'm sure you got that P40 for a great deal.

If you thought that was good, please check out my latest vid that I just posted. Its a video tribute to the first and the "Father" of all my 2S Brushless Conversion planes. I tried posting this video to the UMX F4U Corsair but so far no responses. Most of these older ultra micro warbird threads are either slow or dead, so hopefully no one minds..

Eflite UMX F4U Corsair (2S Brushless) "Pappy" - Tribute Flight Music Video (4 min 59 sec)

Thanks again everyone!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 01:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Dec 2010
8,506 Posts
Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk with AS3X

Yeah, the FMS P40 was on sale for $90.

I did a 2S Corsair conversion with BLHeli and AP03 motor. Flew great...until it disappeared into the night sky.

I was at a lot park...and flew it across the bright stadium light....but I never saw it come out the other side. It simply vanished. Wierd one.

I have spare parts to build #2 but never got around to it. One of these days. the parts was supposedly for a red super corsair inspired version. So now if I proceed, I have to decide on regular color or super corsair...or the grey Marine Corsair I always liked.

When I started modding the Corsair, I found that the peeps in these plane threads weren't like the peeps in the quad thread. They didn't really like to mod too much. And flashing and such was like Greek to them. Perhaps that's why you don't get as much a response.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 01:44 AM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Dec 2010
8,506 Posts
Nice flying in the Corsair video. And always love your photos. It certainly make these umx model look better, more scale than they are.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 01:05 PM
Joined Apr 2015
2,692 Posts
Quote:

I did a 2S Corsair conversion with BLHeli and AP03 motor. Flew great...until it disappeared into the night sky.

I was at a lot park...and flew it across the bright stadium light....but I never saw it come out the other side. It simply vanished. Wierd one.

I have spare parts to build #2 but never got around to it. One of these days. the parts was supposedly for a red super corsair inspired version. So now if I proceed, I have to decide on regular color or super corsair...or the grey Marine Corsair I always liked.

When I started modding the Corsair, I found that the peeps in these plane threads weren't like the peeps in the quad thread. They didn't really like to mod too much. And flashing and such was like Greek to them. Perhaps that's why you don't get as much a response.
Quote:
Nice flying in the Corsair video. And always love your photos. It certainly make these umx model look better, more scale than they are.
That's a great deal on the P40, and hard to pass up!

Sorry to hear about your 2S Corsair incident.. these planes for how small they are and how fast, I make sure to keep an eye on them at all times. Orientation can be a fickle lady.

And that's good to know.. I see most are really interested in scaling the crap out of these planes and adding aesthetics and detailing as supposed to the performance aspect. Not a bad thing, but if I can see my plane screaming across the sky, I'll make it happen before I add the aesthetics. That's just me.

Would love to see a red Reno Racer Super Corsair!!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by turbodpv
Turbo tuner
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Apr 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
That was such a crazy great deal, I just had to order one too! Can hardly wait to see it blasting around my flying field across the street from home. I may also pick up that sweet P-39 Airacobra, just wish it was in camo and not yellow.

Thanks for the great deal tip Daryoon!
turbodpv is offline Find More Posts by turbodpv