Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by ghostwhiper
Netherlands, GE, Nunspeet
Joined Jul 2013
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilUK View Post
Could be worth checking out an APM as well
not really, there is not a whole lot of support and it's not easy to setup.
if you don't know how te setup a bell hiller head then an apm is most certainly not going to work.
been fidding with an apm for a while now and it's gathering dust now untill i have the energy to play with the PID's for a couple of hours
ghostwhiper is online now Find More Posts by ghostwhiper
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
I bought a used
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwhiper View Post
not really, there is not a whole lot of support and it's not easy to setup.
if you don't know how te setup a bell hiller head then an apm is most certainly not going to work.
been fidding with an apm for a while now and it's gathering dust now untill i have the energy to play with the PID's for a couple of hours
I've got a (cough) Quanum Nova, which is APM based
- seems to work ok
- I guess the PIDs would need to be tweaked for a heli
- but it would allow a heli to hover easily in virtually all weather conditions..
FlyingPhilUK is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by ghostwhiper
Netherlands, GE, Nunspeet
Joined Jul 2013
661 Posts
multicopter support for apm is much greater then tradheli support.
pid tuning with a heli is a fine line between an ok setting or an almost explosion or the pid settings don't react at all.
ghostwhiper is online now Find More Posts by ghostwhiper
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
I bought a used
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwhiper View Post
multicopter support for apm is much greater then tradheli support.
pid tuning with a heli is a fine line between an ok setting or an almost explosion or the pid settings don't react at all.
I have tried getting a CC3D running in a heli
- and it wasn't a lot of fun
- getting the PIDs flyable wasn't too much trouble, but it never felt very good due to not having piro-comp at the time
- but people seem to have better success with the APM

Like this one:
Testing ArduCopter 3.0.1 on TradHeli - Second flight (5 min 17 sec)
FlyingPhilUK is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,342 Posts
Steve,

You're really not having much luck - a raptor isn't going to behave quite like a modern FBL heli, but it shouldn't be as stodgy as you describe. Is there no-one at the club that could help you with the set-up?.

Stick in there mate - you'll get there!!!

Cheers,
Mike
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Today, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilUK View Post
Could be worth checking out an APM as well

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2594117

But, once heli hovering clicks with you, you'll find yourself wondering what all the fuss was about..
- just keep at it, dude!
LOL thats the thing, i used to be able to hover fine, thats why im convinced something is way wrong with the raptor, perhaps it has been crashed and rebuilt wrong? just something doesnt sit right with me about it - my first and most likely last second hand RC, i had thought you are only buying someone elses problems, and with this, it does seem to be the case

when you spoke about APM, were you meaning aligns auto pilot thingy ma jigger? as that only works with 3gx it doesnt work with Gpro

if i was to look into anything along those lines, i would not have a second thought about buying the Naza H, there multirotor units are simply amazing and the most stable and easiest to work with that i have tried (tried KK2.5.5 , and also tried Naze 32) was not impressed by the naze in the slightest, it has a barometer built in, so should hold altitude, but does it heck, it feels just the same as the vastly cheaper KK2 - neither of which can hold a candle to the Naza for stability, or straight out the box and it works, no messing with PID
Scottish_steve75 is online now Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Old Today, 03:11 AM
Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Steve,

You're really not having much luck - a raptor isn't going to behave quite like a modern FBL heli, but it shouldn't be as stodgy as you describe. Is there no-one at the club that could help you with the set-up?.

Stick in there mate - you'll get there!!!

Cheers,
Mike
nope, no one at club likes or has even the slightest interest in heli's, its the same for almost all clubs around, helis are looked upon as a nuisance
Scottish_steve75 is online now Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75