New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2015, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by toad007
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Dec 2004
180 Posts
Discussion
Flood Off

After reading the Fuji/Pipe thread it motivated me to make the flood off I need for my P8's, It worked very well with no rpm loss at all. the throat dia is the same as the venturi I like to run. Anyway, now I am putting it in a new glass bird. I am exited and want to thank you boys for getting me stoked again after we stopped racing the 1/2a 200's here, now I can still go damn fast and shut it down before I wet myself.
toad007 is online now Find More Posts by toad007
Last edited by toad007; Jul 10, 2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: pictures
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2015, 03:54 PM
Joined Dec 2004
180 Posts
no more fuel line pinch set ups for me, this is so much nicer and I can slow the engine down and keep it running barely then shut it off, it does not throttle, but kinda acts like a two speed really is how it works. would have been perfect for racing.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
15,031 Posts
That looks good. It is a nice setup too. I think you have a winner there for sure.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Joined Dec 2007
1,782 Posts
Toad nice job on the air restrictor venturi!!!

I think there are still some header pipes online from Sportwerks on ebay should you wish to add a 1/2A pipe or just the header for exhaust diversion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sportwerks-S...3D351401117237
Amp Abuser is offline Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Last edited by Amp Abuser; Jul 10, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:56 PM
Joined Dec 2004
180 Posts
Thanks for the link, I bought a few of those for deflection, I dont use a pipe. My next little project is to compare the tnt optical tach with those rpm apps on my phone.
My optical tach says accuracy to within 10 rpm up to 100,000, phone apps say 80 rpm resolution. so, I will be using this engine for that test as I know this engine really well, I bet I tried at least 15 venturi's on it until I found the sweet one for the fuel/prop I like to use.
I am betting the phone app rpm things are not as good as they claim.
I cant verify the accuracy of my tnt tach but it is going to be my standard for the test.
its the best I can do. I hope to video this, with the help of a flying buddy.
Last edited by toad007; Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:36 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,782 Posts
When I first started using the phone app I went to Youtube and watched some vids with others using photocell type tachs most reads where sub 100 rpm within the online numbers. To dial in the reads set the max rpm within the limits of the engine rather than at max and minimal settings.
I have a laser tach and two photo cell tachs. I tend to use the phone app as the numbers are bold / easy to read and you can watch any video and get a grasp of the unloaded rpms without the need to use the Doppler software. In the field I have a Doppler radar gun but needs a helper. There is a new device small enough to mount on a short arm in front of a Go Pro type cam here is the link will be using one of these at some point hands free.

Pocket Radar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331587633079
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,782 Posts
Good afternoon Toad,

I have invested into two new in the box Picco P-zero's can you please make me 2 standard 7mm size cranks and not bore them out as much as the original cranks? I am will to take some performance loss Im thinking about adding .5mm thicker wall at the crank window. Do you think that would help enough? Bore looks to be 4.4mm perhaps 3.5mm would be tough enough.

I do like your trick to drill out the crank for a 4mm bolt as it lets a regular softer bolt bend on a bad ground smack.

I can pay pal you for your help.

thank you!(big time save)

Bra