New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:39 AM
Find More Posts by spetnazer
Joined Apr 2013
57 Posts
Build Log
How to Make a plane with this technique?

Hello everybody. does anyone know how to make a plane with this technique?I know this is manufactured. but does anyone ever make their own with simple tools and materials but the results are like that?
Does anyone know the video instructions?
I hope to get an explanation here because I am very curious

Thank you very much
regards
spetnazer is offline Find More Posts by spetnazer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by Keenan smith
was geht , müssen unten kommen
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Thats epo injection moulded and is very expensive to come close to that unless you try fibreglassing parts dd is the best guy to talk to
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
17,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
Thats epo injection moulded and is very expensive to come close to that unless you try fibreglassing parts dd is the best guy to talk to
The Best Guy? Thankyou K . . .How much do I owe Thee for that? Lol

Injection Mold Making can be as exspensive to make the steel molds as buying a 50,000 dollar luxury car!

Very expensive buisiness!

Vacuum forming, and hand made molds, and CNC'ing your parts is WAAAY $-cheaper!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:48 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Your welcome and btw I need some advice on how to mold parts (nacelles and noses for a future Hansa jet kit)
Old Mar 28, 2014, 07:58 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
17,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
Your welcome and btw I need some advice on how to mold parts (nacelles and noses for a future Hansa jet kit)
Making a simple Mold is possible K, But Its Messy But Its a skill You MUST learn to be a true Scratch Builder and Vacuum forming is a Must as well!

How to Make a Two-Piece Block Mold (7 min 13 sec)

XRobots - How to build a vacuum forming machine including my easy heating solution (9 min 5 sec)

In time You could make a Hansa Molded Short Kit!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2014, 03:16 AM
Find More Posts by FANMAN
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
All of the parts in that kit are make from 2 part molds, in some cases 3 parts. 3D models are machined inverted of the actual parts. Not sure of EPO, but EPS is when small beads are forced into the molds and heated with steam thru ports on the molds. They expand and the mold is removed. Its usually very expensive from scratch.

Other options are to make your own parts, and create molds from them. Then you can use vacu-forming, casting or fiber glassing methods to make your own parts. Hopefully one day, we can all 3-D print our own airplane kits, regardless of size.

The methods you use depend on whether you want to make a few parts or a lot. Almost any method to make something to sell in large quantity, takes a lot of up front time and money.
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:30 PM
Joined Apr 2013
57 Posts
Hi ... thanks for the response of all my friends ... especially for Demondriver, Keenan Smith, and FANMAN. I am sorry for long reply, because it was very busy few weeks. is very useful for me. at least my curiosity a little relieved. turned out to be very expensive to make a plane with this technique yes? Maybe because this also mean they are making aircraft prefer cutting and joining techniques. Then it is very inappropriate if Demondriver worthy to be called Master, because he made ​​a model airplane Boeing with a variety of techniques and very expert. Best regards Demondriver Master, I am newbie of transcontinental ask guidance ... Hehehe.

there is one thing that still makes me curious. whether there is video coverage of the manufacture of injection molded aircraft with this technique? like the videos of "How Its Made" on youtube. if there is, I really want to see it.
Once again thank you all my friends.
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:35 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
17,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnazer View Post
Hi ... thanks for the response of all my friends ... especially for Demondriver, Keenan Smith, and FANMAN. I am sorry for long reply, because it was very busy few weeks. is very useful for me. at least my curiosity a little relieved. turned out to be very expensive to make a plane with this technique yes? Maybe because this also mean they are making aircraft prefer cutting and joining techniques. Then it is very inappropriate if Demondriver worthy to be called Master, because he made ​​a model airplane Boeing with a variety of techniques and very expert. Best regards Demondriver Master, I am newbie of transcontinental ask guidance ... Hehehe.

there is one thing that still makes me curious. whether there is video coverage of the manufacture of injection molded aircraft with this technique? like the videos of "How Its Made" on youtube. if there is, I really want to see it.
Once again thank you all my friends.
Your very welcome Spet! there are lots of masters here on RCG. . . . Let us know when you start your build!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:47 PM
Joined Apr 2013
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Your very welcome Spet! there are lots of masters here on RCG. . . . Let us know when you start your build!

Okay Master DD .... in the near future I will try to make it. Just pray .... hehehe. Now I'm trying to make the best kind of pusherjet but still with a small scale. that's it, the wife already angry because the house was so dirty ....
Old Apr 08, 2014, 05:22 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Hi spetnazer welcome to rcg i noticed you came over from flite test (its k with the hansa jet)
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:26 AM
Joined Apr 2013
57 Posts
Hi Keenan Smith ... yes, I just saw it. Thank you. I hope Hansa Jet successfully Maiden..hehe