HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:31 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
I'm going to try to make the Alabama final contest in October, I hope Ron drops by.
Timthetoolman is offline Find More Posts by Timthetoolman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2014, 02:08 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,826 Posts
Hey Tim,

That's a nice looking TT4! Canopy and model.

I'd like to buy a pair of canopies if you have two to spare. I modified the design for e-power and plugin surfaces. The one thing I'd like to change though is the fuse top section shape. The canopy would help to get the profile right in that area. Then I'll put it where it belongs on the prototype build.

Please drop me a line when you can via email preferably.

Many thanks, David

P.S. Let your Buddy know that his TT4 is looking great! He might want to change grain direction on the fin for his next build - thrustline parallel wood on the interior and grain parallel to LE on the sheeting.
doxilia is offline Find More Posts by doxilia
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:07 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Jan 2009
15 Posts
Tim,

Could you make a couple of the original tiger tail canopies for me and if so how much to Houston?

Thanks
Fred
Zero1 is online now Find More Posts by Zero1
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:44 PM
Dphill2
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Take a look at this great looking TT-4 Belongs to Tom Stennis
dphill2 is offline Find More Posts by dphill2
Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:37 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
That's a beauty Dave.

Did he build that himself?

Everyone, I have a contest tomorrow so I'll catch up the beginning of the week.

Tim
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:07 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,826 Posts
Dave,

that is indeed a very nice looking TT4! It looks like he built it with a plug-in wing - yes? It looks like there is a hatch on the top too.

That's what I have in mind for the CAD version I'm working on. I'm also thinking a plug-in stab so incidences can both be adjusted. The front top half with canopy and all would be removable in typical electric model style. Motor would be at 0 down and ~2 right so that the thrust line could in principle be at 0 in flight.

Any of you guys who fly TT4's have a preferred right thrust angle for the 4-stroke 90's? I'm thinking that the 4-strokes and electric versions would require just about the same amount given their similar size props.

Although I made mods for e-power (since I have the appropriate motor for it), I'm thinking that this could actually also be my first ever "SPA model" what with the first YS 91AC 4-stroke that I recently bought and arrived today.

Whats this world coming to! Me buying a 4-stroke!

Tim,

sounds like you've got a couple of customers! Good luck at the contest tomorrow!

Cheers, David
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:12 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,826 Posts
For those who may be interested, here's where I left off the plans last I worked on them (well, this is a 2-view composite of them).

David
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:26 PM
R_G
Wanna Hover? Fly a Heli!
United States, PA, Farrell
Joined May 2010
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
Tim,

Could you make a couple of the original tiger tail canopies for me and if so how much to Houston?

Thanks
Fred
I would also take a pair Tim, if the mood strikes you!

Ralph
R_G is offline Find More Posts by R_G
Old Jun 28, 2014, 08:24 AM
Dphill2
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Tim, I don't know the details on Tom's Airplane, so I can't answer your question. He had this plane at the SPA contest held @ Mac Hodges place last weekend. Very nice airplane and very well done..

Dave..
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:50 PM
Dphill2
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Tim, after a little searching, I found out that the TT-4 was built by the man Himself
Ron Chidgey !! Tom got the airplane in the bones and finished it !! I under stand it fly's better than it looks ! Anyway it's a great looking Tiger Tail with History ..

Dave.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 11:12 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
Very cool indeed. Thanks Dave.

Tim