HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:30 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Help!
aftermarket canopy guide

I have the new mini titan e325 fbls sport and want a new canopy. Shopping for a new one seems a little confusing as i can only shop by class and no description of measurments is listed. My canopy is 11.5 long. can any 450 size canopy work on my mini titan. I do not like the look of the V1 canopy. How do i know what one to buy. Can I buy one that works with a trex 450, but what is the difference in size from a pro, v1 and v2. I know that is the type of frame but once again I can not find specific dimentions anywhere.
Thanks, Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
I'm doubting a trex canopy will fit your titan 325. I might be wrong but I 'd be really surprised if one would fit, as even the different trex models don't have interchangeable canopies. On the other hand I have a fusano canopy thats says it fits a pro, sport, sev2, plus, etc but I don't see how it ever could, they are all way too different, and there's no 325 size trex.

Anyway here are some links of canopies for your heli I found through google:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...325_Class.html

http://helidirect.com/mini-titan-e32...1_2018_429.hdx

I don't see a difference of which mini titan 325 they're for (sport or whatever else).
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult
Can I buy one that works with a trex 450, but what is the difference in size from a pro, v1 and v2.
Trex type 450 canopies won’t fit – too small!

Mini Titan Pro / V1 / SE / FBL S – these all have the plastic frame with the same mount/post configuration and will accept the V1 type canopy.
Mini Titan V2 / V2 FBL – CF frame. Canopies between the V2 – V1 are not interchangeable.
A couple of more sites…

http://fusuno.com/index.php?cPath=61...6teebpcpp956b5

http://canomod.com/shopping/index.ph...f18e0d368efa4a

There is also the option of purchasing a plain V1 canopy and dressing it up with fluorescent decals. These ones certainly would aid in visibility…

http://www.hivisdecals.com/products/

For the most part - not a lot of choices in the canopy department, but it’s a great flying Mini. Have fun with your new bird!
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:18 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Thanks,
I had found all of those already. Just thought that Im was missing something. I saw a post somewhere on the web that the blade x450 would work. Any ideas???
Thanks, ERic
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Any ideas???
Fresh out!

So the canopy that came with it is that bad huh? I thought it looked all right. Ordered one up last night. Typical fanboy purchase…
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:27 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
Thanks,
I had found all of those already. Just thought that Im was missing something. I saw a post somewhere on the web that the blade x450 would work. Any ideas???
Thanks, ERic
Have you tried googling blade 450x mini titan 325 canopy and look through almost every link? Or maybe refine the search in someway.

I assumed the mini titans was a 325 bird but I googled it and they're calling it a 450 sized. So maybe a 450 canopy will fit. Your stock 325 canopy kind of looks like the shape of a trex sev2.. but I don't know man.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
Fresh out!

So the canopy that came with it is that bad huh? I thought it looked all right. Ordered one up last night. Typical fanboy purchase…
The canopy itself is fine. I just wanted a brighter color. Otherwise the shape of this canopy is fine.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
The canopy itself is fine. I just wanted a brighter color. Otherwise the shape of this canopy is fine.
With any luck Fusuno / Canomod will replicate this canopy and offer some high gloss, eye catching, breath taking… ooops, getting carried away with the visions.
Yes, a few more colour schemes/artistic designs would certainly be nice .
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
e325s

I really like the canopy on the new e325 Sport FBL, and hope it can fit on the V1!

2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl