HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
Licensed Lunatic
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
Discussion
Blade mQX shielded bearings?

Anyone ever used, or even heard of using shielded bearings, be it rubber or metal shielded, as apposed to the open type bearings on the mQX's rotor shafts?

I've had my mQX all of 3 days and it's a BLAST to fly. I got a little cocky with the flips today after work, tried to pull one off too low, and ended up diving into the ground and snapping a motor mount $5 fix, no big deal, but while taking it apart for the first time, I noticed the wide open ball bearings on the rotor shaft. The majority of my flying is going to be outdoors, which will more than likely be dusty conditions, and I just think some shielded bearings may last a bit longer.

I'm just glad that Horizon really did their homework when building this thing. When it broken apart, the motor just unplugged itself, so no wiring damage at all ! It took a beating before this happened too; all in all, I'm super impressed with this little quad!

oh and here's the carnage

iamsuperbleeder is offline Find More Posts by iamsuperbleeder
to remove ads between posts