HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:52 AM
Toothpick Maker
NJ - Exit 6
Joined May 2005
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob

Were there any IMAA legal electrics there by any chance?

Rob
I was there, didn't see any. But my electric FW should be ready to be there next year .
GrrrAmps is offline Find More Posts by GrrrAmps
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,389 Posts
Years past have seen numerous electrics. I've got a big SR Batteries Eindecker that has made the trek before and it was one of a few. Greg Hahn brought his prototype of the Great Planes 88-inch B-25 last year, and there was a big Gotha there last year as well. Not a Warbird, but reserved for after hours this year, was the between the wars 1/5 scale Cox Waco YMF-5 that I brought in lieu of the Eindecker.

Thayer
Thayer is offline Find More Posts by Thayer
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
Ostrander, Ohio
Joined Aug 2007
3 Posts
Picture 1399174 is of a Spitfire - the rear view mirror on the windshield is a tipoff.
FerretDriver is offline Find More Posts by FerretDriver
Old Aug 15, 2007, 02:13 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jun 2005
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpasternak
Hello herk1. We understand your frustrations. Space is not on our side. The event has grown over the years and we're squeezing as much into the space that we have. We have attempted to get more land from the farmer but we have not been successful. Our first priority is to the pilots, then the spectators.

I do have good news however as we will attempt to designate a spectator area for next year. More details will be released later this year.

Best,
Brian

I used to go to WOD every year, but stopped going a couple of years ago. I love this stuff, and really enjoyed seeing the planes and flying, but it got really bad, not being able to see past the cabanas.
Gregg28 is online now Find More Posts by Gregg28