HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:40 AM
Joined Apr 2013
91 Posts
Turned out it wasn't even "a couple of days"
When will I be able to get the helmet mount? Also, when will there be a waterproof+dustproof case?
Wanted to buy the camera + helmet mount to save a few $, but it may not be worth the wait. Going to order the mobius right now.
PedroDank is offline Find More Posts by PedroDank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:53 AM
ma:re
Joined Nov 2012
77 Posts
USB Connector on the backside and not on the side! - THANK the LORD!
mare22 is offline Find More Posts by mare22
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:55 AM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
I just ordered mine from eletoponline365... I was the 8th to buy from him.

I will have to buy the bike mount too when it comes available.

Now I just have to wait up to 3 weeks. Oh, well.

By the way, you would imagine that the price of the #16 cam might come down now? Not to mention #26 cam... I mean, who would buy that cam for that price now that Mobius is available. Unless you don't know any better.
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:18 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post

By the way, you would imagine that the price of the #16 cam might come down now? Not to mention #26 cam... I mean, who would buy that cam for that price now that Mobius is available. Unless you don't know any better.
Being that the Mobius is very heavy the 808#16 still has plenty of appeal. Micro quadcopters (actually micro anything) can barely handle a stripped down #16 camera. Smaller and lighter is better for some applications. I'm thinking we may be able to carry the Mobius depending on our bulk quantity pricing.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post

You should have asked the seller about the bike mount! It's most likely available even though it isn't listed yet.

I'm sure the #16 will remain very popular. It's an excellent camera if weight and size is important. It'll most likely remain the best 720p camera for a long time to come.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:30 AM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Mobius Video

My first video with the latest FW - v0.32.

EDIT
This is fw0.26!

I most likely made a mistake that morning when I manually updated the fw - selecting the wrong file on my computer. Later that day the setup program was updated and I probably let it update the camera fw with the newest version already downloaded in the morning. The evidence is overwhelming - it wasn't the v0.32 fw, must have been v0.26 - the correct 720p-60fps clip and the azur color gives it away. Sorry for misleading you!
Link to Vimeo
Test - New Mobius HD Cam. (1 min 38 sec)

Sorry, I am not a Vimeo Plus member, and it looks like Vimeo down converts the 1080p upload to 720p.
I may become a Plus member later, in the meantime I shall try to upload to YouTube in 1080p..

Link to YouTube..
270613 REC 0015 crop1 (1 min 38 sec)

...enjoy!

OK - one more clip - I'll stop now . Shot at the same time as above, but from a little different location. I think the sky colors are definitely better here.. Please watch in HD - 1080p.
270613 REC 0017 crop1 (2 min 21 sec)

-Jan
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Jun 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: ..added clip. (PS. I hope I am not misrepresenting the camera here by possibly messing with the FW)
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:32 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
They must be working late, mine just got marked as shipped so someone just printed a shipping label.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
It's like a feeding frenzy at the moment!!!
101airbourne is offline Find More Posts by 101airbourne
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:45 AM
Camera Reseller.
Joined May 2013
326 Posts
Hey everyone,
To celebrate the Mobius being released we from today until Sunday (23:59 GMT) we are offering free shipping on the Mobius and accessories, bike mount, car mount, and the helmet mount (this will be in stock shortly and if pre-ordered before the end time free shipping will still apply). So if you want to receive your item quickly and with free shipping go to www.JooVuu.com and use the following code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Dan
JooVuu is online now Find More Posts by JooVuu
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
I asked already in the previous thread, but I didn't got any suitable answer. Will there be in the future to use 720@60p mode with same angle of view as in 1080p mode? It means no sampling from the centre of the CMOS, but from cells across all the surface. Is it even possible with used module and DSP?

I would be a great pity not to have 60p footage with wide view angle on a cemera which calls itself "action".
ondrascz is offline Find More Posts by ondrascz
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:56 AM
Joined Oct 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
My first video with the latest FW - v0.32.
Link to Vimeo https://vimeo.com/69230564
Thanks. The azure sky problem doesn't seem to be fixed. I wonder why we had to wait so long. What did actually change between firmware 0.25 and 0.32?
lensman82 is offline Find More Posts by lensman82
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Aug 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Hey everyone,
To celebrate the Mobius being released we from today until Sunday (23:59 GMT) we are offering free shipping on the Mobius and accessories, bike mount, car mount, and the helmet mount (this will be in stock shortly and if pre-ordered before the end time free shipping will still apply). So if you want to receive your item quickly and with free shipping go to www.JooVuu.com and use the following code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Dan
How does this apply to us that already have ordered one of these? I ordered mine about an hour ago and have already paid for the camera and shipping
xardinen is offline Find More Posts by xardinen
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman82 View Post
Thanks. The azure sky problem doesn't seem to be fixed. I wonder why we had to wait so long. What did actually change between firmware 0.25 and 0.32?
I was wondering too! IMO, the firmware is not v0.32 but rather v0.27 or earlier.

The latest firmware does not show that azure colored sky.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:26 AM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I was wondering too! IMO, the firmware is not v0.32 but rather v0.27 or earlier.

The latest firmware does not show that azure colored sky.
I had the same feeling about the azure colored sky..
PS. This is the prerelease camera!

My settings:
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:39 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
I had the same feeling about the azure colored sky..
PS. This is the prerelease camera!

My settings:
Does turning on WDR improve the sky? Therau2000's video of better coloured sky was using WDR:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post25313087

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post25313867
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob