HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:48 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
Alert
hobbypartz defective goods return shipping.

just want to let everyone know of the bad business practice's of hobbypartz. i ordered a flysky 9x transmitter from them and as soon as i powered it on smoke came out the back. i contacted hobbypartz to make them aware of this and they gave me a RMA number to ship back to them. they also told me that i would have to pay the return shipping. it cost me a little over 12 dollars to ship back and i feel i have not been treated fairly. i ordered a working tx not a defective one and now its costing me to return. how is that fair??? who treats there customers like this? HOBBYPARTZ DOES!!!! thats ok because they will soon be getting served court papers and we will let a judge decide. i highly advise anyone thinking of doing business with this company to LOOK ELSEWHERE. i will have my my day in court with them
stormheli is offline Find More Posts by stormheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
363 Posts
What is your order number for the radio system?

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is online now Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:58 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
yhst-62196343123315-304659 . its been shipped back to you.
stormheli is offline Find More Posts by stormheli
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormheli View Post
just want to let everyone know of the bad business practice's of hobbypartz. i ordered a flysky 9x transmitter from them and as soon as i powered it on smoke came out the back. i contacted hobbypartz to make them aware of this and they gave me a RMA number to ship back to them. they also told me that i would have to pay the return shipping. it cost me a little over 12 dollars to ship back and i feel i have not been treated fairly. i ordered a working tx not a defective one and now its costing me to return. how is that fair??? who treats there customers like this? HOBBYPARTZ DOES!!!! thats ok because they will soon be getting served court papers and we will let a judge decide. i highly advise anyone thinking of doing business with this company to LOOK ELSEWHERE. i will have my my day in court with them
I understand that it's a matter of principle, but how much work are you going to miss taking them to court over $12?
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:28 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
God for 12 dollars?
Just be aware of PP and others like HK

fred
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:24 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Actually it is a lot more than $12.00 involved and almost all of it is out of the vendor's pocket. Business experts tell us that one dis-satisfied on-line customer will cost a business 10 more. Unhappy customers can spread their unhappiness around the planet very quickly. How many potential customers have read this exchange and changed their minds about doing business with this firm? Dealing with a R.M.A. costs a minimum of $50.00 when you factor in administration costs. Receiving and handling the returned defective goods involves further costs to the vendor. Now if an unhappy customer opts for a legal remedy, it costs the vendor even more. Just to have a corporate lawyer pick up the phone is going to cost the vendor a couple of hundred bucks. If the vendor is lucky, the customer will just use the Better Business Bureau. That way the issue can be resolved without a lawyer. Of course, there is that stigma of a record of dis-satisfaction with the BBB. In reality, while it may cost the customer $12.00, it will cost the vendor a LOT more.

Seems to me that it would be a lot cheaper for the vendor to pay to have defective goods returned and possibly have a loyal future customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
God for 12 dollars?
Just be aware of PP and others like HK

fred
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:04 AM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormheli View Post
Interesting... Here's my experience with Hobbypartz's customer service:

Several months ago, I had to return a 9X to Hobbypartz.com because the right stick wouldn't work. After working with their tech support for a while, they just emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label for the return. I packed up the unit and took it to a local UPS Store, which shipped it out the same day at no cost to me.

I followed the tracking on it and was going to call them when it arrived at their RMA warehouse to remind them to send me my replacement. Turned out, by the time I was ready to call, I got an email from them with the tracking number for the replacement unit. It was already on its way.

This was my first experience with anything defective from Hobbypartz. They handled it extremely well, in my opinion.

YMMV, obviously....

-- Rod
rrobbins is offline Find More Posts by rrobbins
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
363 Posts
I have been talking to this gentlemen on another forum and told him that we're going to refund him the $12.09 that he paid to return the item.

-Charlie
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
I am having a similar problem as "stormheli" trying to get my return shipping fees refunded. So far, I got my purchase price refunded. Radian Charlie personally stated that my shipping fees would be refunded as well. Here is the genuine "Radian Charlie" statement::

" 24 Jul 2012 17:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Receipt for shipping

I have made a note in the order to have my billing department reimburse you the $32.96 that you paid to have the camera returned to us. I will see if they can process the refund sooner but since one of the bosses processes the refund I can't really push him to process it quicker. I hope you understand where I'm coming from but I will see what I can do about it.

Thank you
-Charlie"

This is 5 August and I still don't have my money. On the 30th of July, I got a genuine "RT Danny": statement:

"Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:51:52 -0700
Reply-to: noreply_ticket@hobbypartz.com
MIME-version: 1.0
Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Sender: Nobody <nobody@host.raidentech.net>

I apologize for the delayed response as well as the inconveniences that you have experienced with us so far, I see that RTCharlie had noted down for you to be refunded for the amount of $32.96 for the return shipping. At this time, the refund is being pending for processing from our PayPal manager and once he has the refund processed for you, you'll receive an email confirmation informing you of the completed refund. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us."

Keep in mind, this company like other online merchants, fully expects to be paid in full and in advance of them doing anything for us as customers. On the other hand, they expect us to be patient and wait until they get good and ready to send us our money back when they screw up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobbins View Post
Interesting... Here's my experience with Hobbypartz's customer service:

Several months ago, I had to return a 9X to Hobbypartz.com because the right stick wouldn't work. After working with their tech support for a while, they just emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label for the return. I packed up the unit and took it to a local UPS Store, which shipped it out the same day at no cost to me.

I followed the tracking on it and was going to call them when it arrived at their RMA warehouse to remind them to send me my replacement. Turned out, by the time I was ready to call, I got an email from them with the tracking number for the replacement unit. It was already on its way.

This was my first experience with anything defective from Hobbypartz. They handled it extremely well, in my opinion.

YMMV, obviously....

-- Rod
Last edited by Stumblebee; Aug 06, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:07 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
text
I just sent you a PM regarding your refund.

-Charlie
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
I have been talking to this gentlemen on another forum and told him that we're going to refund him the $12.09 that he paid to return the item.

-Charlie
It's very nice
I'll buy parts for my heli next time from your store
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
For the record, Heli Partz has refunded all monies owning. I consider this matter closed.
Old Nov 05, 2013, 07:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
I'll never buy from Hobby partz or nitroplanes again

I ordered a Tacon 60 motor from them awhile back for a plane I bought at notro planes (the same company) I finally got the plane together a few weeks later and found the prop adapter supplied with the motor was defective. The treads were cut wrong and it was over 40 thousands out of true, making the motor worthless. I called them and was told after 40 minuets on hold that I needed to talk to tech support. Not being able to hold another 40 min, I put in an email ticket. After a week I put in another ticket. after another 5 days I called again waited another 30 min and the guy couldn't hear me. I decided to try their online chat and finaly ended up with a guy who told me they didn't stock the part and I'de have to buy a new motor.
ecthan is offline Find More Posts by ecthan
Old Nov 09, 2013, 12:27 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,687 Posts
Prop adapters are a fairly standard item, any 6mm prop adapter will work. It sucks that the original is so low quality and they won't replace it for you, but replacements are cheap and easy to find.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prop-Adapter...p2054897.l4275
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:34 PM
United States, OH, Carrollton
Joined Nov 2012
180 Posts
I had the same issue they had me send my item back at my expense but they made it right with me. they refund the shipping back to my paypal. its a shame that RaidenCharlie has to wait till people complain before they handle this. should just be SOP!!
Trimax is offline Find More Posts by Trimax