Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Hi,

I have a 3 cell lipo on my TX, and I can't seem to get the lipo alarm to go above 10v, should be 11.1 min really, is there anyway to alter this on the Devo 10?

Hi, same here. 10v is low for a a 3 cell lipo which would be 3.33V per cell.
There is nothing we can do that I know of except maybe for a firmware hack.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tom - Hopefully they'll do an update for this soon!
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Last edited by RotaryC; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:12 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Hi, same here. 10v is low for a a 3 cell lipo which would be 3.33V per cell.
There is nothing we can do that I know of except maybe for a firmware hack.

Tom
And if the trasmitter would display the battery voltage, it would be even better. Another thing for Walkera to consider for a future firmware release.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
And if the trasmitter would display the battery voltage, it would be even better. Another thing for Walkera to consider for a future firmware release.
This would be much better than the bars, much better!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Tom - Hopefully they'll do an update for this soon!
Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
Quote:
This would be much better than the bars, much better!
I agree. The bars are not very good. If you go by them the battery might get too low. Plus I would rather see the voltage of the battery.
Display the transmitter battery voltage would be much better than the bars IMO or have the option for both, bars or battery voltage.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Maybe they're reading this and will fix it on a future update! It would be good if they did, we live in hope lol
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,203 Posts
when i use a Lipo in my Devo10 i find that after it drops one bar it's time to charge...it could be used a little more but if it gets down to 2bars it's too much so I always charge it right after it goes down one bar.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Hi all. I need some help!

I've been flying my DJI F450 quad with NAZA/GPS for the past 2 weeks with no problems. The other day I was browsing through the settings in my Devo-10 and must have accidently changed something.

When I went to fly in GPS mode, the quad automatically went into failsafe....as if I somehow switched my FMOD GPS switch to failsafe. I had somebody setup my tx/rx with my quad and I don't know how to fix this.

In NAZA Assistant, on the TX settings page, on the bottom, I do not see the GPS indicator lit up blue when the fmod switch is turned to GPS mode. I see "failsafe" in the lower right corner too. All other switches appear to be working fine. Through testing, I'm pretty sure I only have problems in GPS mode.

Any tips or advice? Is this just a matter of taking failsafe off my FMOD GPS switch? How?
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Last edited by cwg25; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
You Enjoy Myself
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Can anybody help me here? I'm pretty clueless and pretty desperate. Seems like a relatively easy fix to me, though I could be wrong.

One accidental change of a setting somewhere changed my GPS fmod switch into failsafe. Everything else works fine. Quad goes into failsafe when it gets off the ground in GPS mode.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg25 View Post
Can anybody help me here? I'm pretty clueless and pretty desperate. Seems like a relatively easy fix to me, though I could be wrong.

One accidental change of a setting somewhere changed my GPS fmod switch into failsafe. Everything else works fine. Quad goes into failsafe when it gets off the ground in GPS mode.
Sorry, but I do not understand.
Failsafe feature in the devention transmitters means the receiver sets the outputs to the predefined failsafe values when it looses signal...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:42 PM
You Enjoy Myself
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
I'm sorry that I cannot explain it better.

All I know is my quad and TX were working fine one day. I browsed through the tx settings and programmed my gear switch to turn on/off the timer.

Next time I flew I had the problems I mentioned. I changed back my gear switch thinking that might have been it, but still had the problem. So I assumed I accidently changed some setting somewhere. Maybe I didn't and it's another issue entirely?

Regardless, it seems the problem is when in GPS mode, the quad automatically goes into failsafe. In naza assistant, gps indicator is not lit up blue like it should be when my fmod switch is in GPS mode.

What can I do? Where do I start? No idea what to do.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
I'm sorry that I cannot explain it better.

All I know is my quad and TX were working fine one day. I browsed through the tx settings and programmed my gear switch to turn on/off the timer.

Next time I flew I had the problems I mentioned. I changed back my gear switch thinking that might have been it, but still had the problem. So I assumed I accidently changed some setting somewhere. Maybe I didn't and it's another issue entirely?

Regardless, it seems the problem is when in GPS mode, the quad automatically goes into failsafe. In naza assistant, gps indicator is not lit up blue like it should be when my fmod switch is in GPS mode.

What can I do? Where do I start? No idea what to do.
How about making a new model for the quad this should set everything back to normal values..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
You Enjoy Myself
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
That might be a good idea if I knew how to setup everything. I had somebody else setup my tx/rx with my quad. I wouldn't know what values to enter in for a new model.

Maybe my best bet is to ask in the multirotor forum and hopefully find somebody else with a Devo-10 and ask them for their settings?

Is there anyway to export/import settings from/to the tx?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
That might be a good idea if I knew how to setup everything. I had somebody else setup my tx/rx with my quad. I wouldn't know what values to enter in for a new model.

Maybe my best bet is to ask in the multirotor forum and hopefully find somebody else with a Devo-10 and ask them for their settings?

Is there anyway to export/import settings from/to the tx?

Pages 4-6 of the LB manual on line will tell you the values to set up the DEVO 10.. They might be close enough to get you started anyways..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
You Enjoy Myself
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Thank you, that's a start!

But what's the LB manual??

Edit:

Ah, ok. The ladybird. I guess this may help.
http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=24

Maybe asking this question will help...how do I manage the fmod switch on the Devo 10? I think I need to tinker with some settings while my quad is hooked up to the naza assistant.
Last edited by cwg25; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:06 PM.