HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:33 AM
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone T-28 vs Parkzone T-28D

Sooo aside from the colour, the only difference i see between the two is the Eflight pro 30 amp ESC and the regular parkzone 25 amp in the red and white one... Is it worth it to get the t28D just for that extra 5 amps on the esc?? I defiantly like the red and white more, being canadian buuuuuuut... I need someone experianced's opinion.
Supercubflyer is offline Find More Posts by Supercubflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:38 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,005 Posts
The red and white's should have the 30 amp ESC's in them as well. The 25's should be long gone. Both planes are the same except color. I do believe only the really old one's had the 25 amp ESC in them.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:23 AM
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
We got the dark one, it flies just great and we can see it better in the sky!
papabearflying is offline Find More Posts by papabearflying
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:11 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
I just bought one of the D's and my flying buddy has the red and white and that was the first thing he said as well when I got her in the air. We were actually surprised and how much easier it was to see. I went a step further and painted the wing tips the same yellow as what's on the vert. stab.

Name: t-28 (Small).JPG
Views: 126
Size: 79.9 KB
Description:

Glen
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
71 Posts
wow! That yellow looks awesome on the wingtips!
Supercubflyer is offline Find More Posts by Supercubflyer
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,179 Posts
Do they still sell the USN version? Would have preferred that scheme to the darker USAF one - I do find that in less than bright, sunny days the colors blend into an indistinct blue-grey. Makes keeping orientation a challenge.

By Spring mine will be sporting a coat of paint to overcome that problem. Just haven't decided on a scheme yet...
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearflying View Post
That is not my experience. To me the dark one is VERY hard to see. Several people at our field wish they had the red and white one because they see how much easier mine is see.

Tom Moody
Tom Moody is offline Find More Posts by Tom Moody
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:41 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,005 Posts
Yea, I think my Navy version is easier to see at distance for me. Something about the light hitting the top of the wings seems to catch my eye. I have noticed this on several planes also. Even painted my Habu upper white bold outline and it made it so much easier to keep track of.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:03 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moody View Post
That is not my experience. To me the dark one is VERY hard to see. Several people at our field wish they had the red and white one because they see how much easier mine is see.

Tom Moody
After flying both, that has been my experience. The red and white one is quite a bit easier to see.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:00 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
There should be made s sticky for the T28 vs T28D. Becourse therev are many-many threads on that topic.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:15 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Thanks Supercubflyer, the colour combination does look great together. It's a lot more fun to fly than my Dynam P51. The T-28D and my Parkzone S.E.5.a, get 90% of my flying time now.

Just to add to my observation. The day we were "dogfighting" the sky was partly cloudy (Cummulus and Cirrus) and the sun was still fairly high. When my buddies white and red got against the bright clouds it almost dissapeared, where as mine stood out even more, dark(er) against the bright background.

I do agree that on a grey day, although it still stands out because of the contrast, orientation can be tough from a distant, like any other silver plane that's probably further away than it should be.

These things are soo easy to paint, you can customize it anyway you want to make it easier to see in the sky. Get whichever one you can and get sprayin.

Glen
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:35 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearflying View Post
try when its over cast
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:42 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
try when its over cast

Or when you are old. Red and White is quite a bit better.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,590 Posts
Hi,

The paint on the silver and blue is far more durable as well.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
Fla.
Joined Apr 2005
970 Posts
A little suggestion that will help: Go to a plumbing shop and beg /ask about some of their scrap pieces of " Silver " duct tape. They usually have small left overs on a roll . Then put a small strip on the leading edge of each wing. When the sun hits it, it looks like you have lights on it.
WARNING : It sticks right now and you can't move it so be sure you have it where you want it. ENJOY !!! RED
redh is offline Find More Posts by redh