Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,258 Posts
Discussion
Security camera at remote location for theif

Hi guys
I'm pretty upset. I just discovered someone is steeling things at a small plantation in the mountains I'm trying to set up. We don't have much money so this really bugs me. I have some old 2.4 fpv gear I could use, but it's not really set up to run continuously and can't record.
Can you reccommend a cheap setup to catch this jerk?
I'm guessing something that is low power draw and can record for at least a few days at a stretch. Low light capable would help I imagine. There's no power up there.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2015, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by branflakes
Joined Jan 2011
2,356 Posts
The cell phone based live transmission motion activated hunting tree cams

Google it

Costs big. I know of no cheap way. This is best bet imo for that locale described.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by v2rocketeer
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Mar 2013
353 Posts
I'm with branflakes on this one. The game camera works great. I get several months and about 1500 pictures out of one set of batteries.

here are a few

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=3413551
v2rocketeer is offline Find More Posts by v2rocketeer
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:07 AM
Find More Posts by branflakes
Joined Jan 2011
2,356 Posts
Those things freak me out. Sometimes a man has to talk to another man about a dog and my fear is that one of those rascals is in place during the deal.
I spend lots of time trudging about the fpv trails in a golf cart and many times on the trail where privacy or at least non streaming of me is preferred for various reasons namely fpv prep I find it ironic this is likely how those under my quad feel.

Either way I constantly scan the trees for those rascals.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Apr 28, 2015, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
6,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
Those things freak me out. Sometimes a man has to talk to another man about a dog and my fear is that one of those rascals is in place during the deal.
I spend lots of time trudging about the fpv trails in a golf cart and many times on the trail where privacy or at least non streaming of me is preferred for various reasons namely fpv prep I find it ironic this is likely how those under my quad feel.

Either way I constantly scan the trees for those rascals.
hey dude, you don't have to eat the worm when you finish the tequila

but I really like the game camera idea. I would like to get one for my yard, see if I get pics of a cougar
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Apr 29, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,258 Posts
Those Game cameras look perfect. I'm trying to sort out the best bang for buck.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy