HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by hutchis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hutch
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sold
Misc Glow Props and OS 46 AX Engine Parts -$25 Shipped to lower 48

Guys, here’s some glow gear I no longer need. I have 9 used and in good condition props (2 – APC 11-4, 2-APC 11-5, 2 APC 11-6, 1 TF 11-8, 1 TF 10-7, and one master Air Screw (not sure of pitch, doesn’t say).

Here’s the story on the OS 46 AX parts. The disassembled engine was in perfect condition until I completely hosed it up using the “crock pot” method to clean it. I missed the memo about proper procedures and completely dunked the motor overnight which apparently ruined it. The carb is seized onto the crankcase and I cannot even budge the screw to get it off.
So, the assembled engine is one I find here on RC Groups. The previous owner had an incident and the only known damage at the time was missing heat fins from the cylinder head. So, I bought the engine thinking I could salvage parts from my original motor, but when I received the engine, I also found that in addition to the cylinder head issue, the crank shaft was bent too (adjustment made to paypal by seller).
Anyway, beyond tuning and flying these things, I’ve never spent any time mixing and matching the internal parts, but I attempted anyway. I put my old crankshaft into unit with the new cylinder head, and even though it will start, I cannot keep it running and lost interest in my ability to rebuilt 2 stroke motors.
So, at the very least I have some good os 46 ax parts, but if you’re better than me with isolating problems and rebuilding these things, you may end up with a reliable glow motor. The crank shaft seen in the photo is the bent one, and I will ship as it with prop nut/washer. The needle stay bracket is also cracked on the disassembled motor.
Also included are two used mufflers (1- E370 and 1-873).
Please note, I will accept paypal only and will ship USPS in a flat rate box Tuesday due to the Monday Holiday.
Cheers..Hutch
hutchis is online now Find More Posts by hutchis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
United States, TN, Smyrna
Joined Nov 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Os 46

PM sent. Thanks, Robert.
racerob is online now Find More Posts by racerob
Closed Thread