SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:40 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, Campinas
Joined Apr 2010
62 Posts
Discussion
"Cell Cnt Changed" error when charging an AGM Lead battery

Hi guys,

I'm facing an weird issue when charging 2 AGMs 75Ah batteries tied in parallel.. (2 Packs, 18A each, 36A total)

The preset has a config called "Verified Cells Time"..
When this times expires, the charger stop and issue this error:

"Cell Cnt Changed"

I tried to change this time do 1min and to 15 min.. same issue.. after that time, the error shows up.

Before starting the charge, the PL8 ask to confirm if I am charging a 6S battery..

I have tried replacing the power supply, but same issue with 12V or 24V PS...

Attached there are two logs (with 1min and 15 min) and the Preset (all renamed to .txt extension)

Any clues??

Alex.
SkyRaptor is offline Find More Posts by SkyRaptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:21 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRaptor View Post
Hi guys,

I'm facing an weird issue when charging 2 AGMs 75Ah batteries tied in parallel.. (2 Packs, 18A each, 36A total)

The preset has a config called "Verified Cells Time"..
When this times expires, the charger stop and issue this error:

"Cell Cnt Changed"

I tried to change this time do 1min and to 15 min.. same issue.. after that time, the error shows up.

Before starting the charge, the PL8 ask to confirm if I am charging a 6S battery..

I have tried replacing the power supply, but same issue with 12V or 24V PS...

Attached there are two logs (with 1min and 15 min) and the Preset (all renamed to .txt extension)

Any clues??

Alex.
Hi:

I went to the design engineer with your inquiry. He did something really special for you. Attached, you will find a new AGM preset that has these altered configuration details:

I raised the cell detect voltage up to 2.6V and set it to fixed 6 cell count

If you download and unzip the preset to a folder in your computer, then you can import it into the CCS on an empty preset (or overwrite one).

Let me know if you have any questions, and let me know how you make out with it.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:20 AM
Brazil, São Paulo, Campinas
Joined Apr 2010
62 Posts
Hi Tim,

I tested this new profile and so far so good.. It was a complete charge with no issue at all.

Thanks again!!

Alex.
SkyRaptor is offline Find More Posts by SkyRaptor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:46 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRaptor View Post
Hi Tim,

I tested this new profile and so far so good.. It was a complete charge with no issue at all.

Thanks again!!

Alex.
Hi Alex:

Hey, that's Great! You're welcome!

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks