Would thrust vectoring work on a sub and would you use it
deepdiver is offline Find More Posts by deepdiver
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:01 AM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
657 Posts
It works so well that the US Navy uses it on their research sub.
Go to the RC kites forum at this site. The vectored thrust systems that they use can easily be adapted to a sub.
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:21 PM
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined May 2006
38 Posts
so have anyone wanted try something original? We are all building the same subs but different visions of sub like hooking up a boomer sub with two fast attack subs. And another thing. I been to two different hobby stores in my area. How can a submarine hobbyist like me suppose get help if the hobby store clerk knows nothing about our world im very grateful having you guys helping each other but sometimes i need that face to face action
deepdiver is offline Find More Posts by deepdiver
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:10 AM
Man from Atlantis
London
Joined Nov 2003
907 Posts
Model shop/hobby store staff are unlikely to know much about model submarines because it is a very exclusive sector of the hobby. For every modeller interested i submarines there are a thousand or more interested in cars, boats, trains and planes.

However there is plenty of information out there, but you're going to need to spend a little cash to access it.

Traplet publications sell about four books on the subject- buy them all, they're an excellent reference. http://www.trapletshop.com/gb/search?q=submarine

You can also join the Sub Committee, this gives you access to a twenty year back catalogue of reports stuffed full of invaluable information. http://www.subcommittee.com/

The back catalogue of the UK based AMS is also available on DVD/CD for 12 (5 to members)

http://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/

Also judging by the location shown under your avatar you're only down the road from Dave Merriman, so you've got one of the premier experts in this field right on your doorstep (he's going to kill me now!).
Sub culture is offline Find More Posts by Sub culture