HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Discussion
For those that don't believ government is force ...

http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/12/12...d-degree-burns
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:21 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
They know it, and they back it with full intent. The thing is, they don't like to look at it that way, it salves their consciences. Press 'em and they'll launch into justifications.

The way you get the truth out of them is ask them to agree to support laws with no enforcement clause, since they don't back the use of force after all.

This technique is useful for smoking the truth out of their diversionary methods on all subjects. "Oh, the law doesn't really do that'. "Oh, OK, then you'll support explicit language in the law preventing what you say won't happen, right'?
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
during a wrong-door drug raid
Quote:
A spokesperson for the department, however, says they had every reason (and right) to do what they did:
Quotes above from the article and police themselves. Having worked briefly for the government I can tell you that the number of people who do it and actually have a conscience is very, very small. Most who do have a consceince end up leaving (as I did) because they wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and try not to throw up when they think about how they are getting their money. All of the rest are what I call "true believers". They are either so stupid or so lacking in empathy they cannot fathom what they really do or they are enamored with the noiton that as an "elite government employee" they are doing good work for humanity.

I can't tell you what I would do if this was my daughter, family member or friend due to the rules of this forum.

I can only tell you that if I were on a jury in a court that was trying someone for crimes against the people who did this that I would not find them guilty regardless of how heinous the nature of the crime/retaliation might be. I rarely hear of forceful (and or legal) retaliation when this type crime committed by the state takes place and I consider that a crime in itself.
Gooroo is offline Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Incompetence should carry steep consequences.

Cops need to be terrified of making such mistakes, and it should end the career of those responsible without exception.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
I don't understand... it says "wrong door raid". but the pd says they had every right to do what they did and that there was "some evidence" found in the raid of what they thought was a meth lab.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
Incompetence should carry steep consequences.

Cops need to be terrified of making such mistakes, and it should end the career of those responsible without exception.

absolutely. As a pilot if I was to land at the wrong airport, even safely, I would be updating my résumé.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious