HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
Question
How to sync J-Power ESC's?

Does anyone know how to sync two J-Power 30A ESC's (JE0303)? I'm running these on a Dynam C-47 that we just bought and it sounds as if the motors are out on sync. Thanks for your help.
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,785 Posts
First I would suggest checking the actual prop rpm with a tacho, if they are more than say a 500 rpm mismatch, then I think it may be more likely the motors are the problem.

Trying to match motors using the radio gear is tricky as it's difficult to know what is happening in the air as the motors unload.

As long as my props are within a 2 to 300 rpm of each other on the ground, they don't seem to affect the flight. I have tried counter rotating props and both anit-clock, no noticeable difference in trim.

A tacho and a wattmeter are a real benefit on multies.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,876 Posts
Its called different things by companies, but have you done the throttle calibration on each esc? Some call it throttle range.
It has to be done idividually on each esc. Remove props, unplug everything from rx except one esc. Turn on the tx, move throttle to full, plug in battery.
You should hear two beeps after a tone, move the throttle to idle.
Unplug that esc, plug in the other and do the same. This assures both esc's are recieving full throttle and idle point on your tx.
If you have removed a red wire to run only one bec, you'll have to rehook it to do the calibration. Be sure to unplug it again after setting the throttle range.
While still testing individual esc's, be sure that settings, such as battery type, lvc, brake, etc are all set exactly the same for both esc's.
This is the main reason I use only esc's that have a programming card, fought the stick set units too much to be bothered with them.

Good luck
Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
I will check the rpm's. Also, We are the second owner so I'm not sure about the calibration. I've been eyeing a set of ESC's from headsuprc.com that offer the programming card for $5. I will attempt the throttle settings ASAP. Thank you.
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff