Closed Thread
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:31 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis View Post
Very nice work jofro
is that Panther the TBmodel one?
TX, no it was produced by Awesome R/C Products, J.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:18 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,247 Posts
Hey: Extreme RC

I read your moderator hidden post, pretty much tells it like it is. However, I don't think anybody really cares about funny looking airplanes, it's the girls and the beach that attract attention. LOL

More girls + more beach = more attention.

Got to hand it to Joe, he carries those heavy planes down to the beach for those pictures. Keep posting those pictures Joe.
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:58 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,841 Posts
Sorry..that was uncalled for
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Last edited by corsair nut; Jul 13, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
Most powerful edf on Rcg? How do you figure? Now...ugliest on rcg...i can believe that one lol
it IS the most powerful EDF..
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Guys I'm sorry but I love this hobby too much to get into this, just enjoy your modelling and flying. Its another beautiful sunny Sunday morn and shortly heading to the club.
Scalefan, Tx, luckily the beach is more-less in my backyard so why wouldn't you take advantage? Regards Joe.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:46 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,713 Posts
on this side of the globe unfortunately had a flameout yesterday and I had to land into some fields so my Paf jet-co needs repairs and a whole inspection of the fuel system allover (i.e. replacement to be sure because that's the second time in a week)
So Enjoy the hobby and your flying. Happy landings.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 01:34 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
Sorry..that was uncalled for
Fair enough but just curious, do you know anyone on RCG or have you ever hovered 17.5 kg EDF jet loaded with 6.5 kg of lipos for Ĺ a minute at just about ĺ stick? I did It! Mind you, no thrust vectoring, only by use of throttle, elevons and a bit of wind help. You need good 18Kws to be able to do it, thatís how I came to my conclusion, J.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,419 Posts
Maiden Flight

I finally got mine finished (almost, still need to do the gear doors) and I took it out this morning. I went with a Vasa Fan 110mm 14 blade with HET 700-99-780kv motor on 12s. Balance with 2 6s 5800mh zippy compacts was perfect at 195mm and it flies great at that. I warmed up with my 8s Jetfan Habu 32 and this plane is so much easier to fly! I was really surprised as I find the Habu 32 to be one of the easiest jets around to fly. I kept it a short flight as I wanted to make sure I had plenty of juice for go arounds. Batteries has 56% left after this flight. I haven't pulled the data log yet to see what kind of power it's producing or amps it's pulling, but it's on the list of "to-do's" this weekend. Batteries were warm as was the ESC. In all I'm very happy with it. It doesn't seem like a speed demon, but I'm sure I'll pick up some more when I get the gear doors on.

JTM XXX- Maiden Flight Vasafan 110mm 14 blade (3 min 33 sec)
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Jul 19, 2013, 02:05 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
770 Posts
Very nice flight, great landing especially for a maiden. Darn, I guess I should have bought it from you :-).

Looks like a great open location for flying.
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:54 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,878 Posts
Nice Flying A!
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:18 PM
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
Very nice flight, great landing especially for a maiden. Darn, I guess I should have bought it from you :-).

Looks like a great open location for flying.
Thanks Carlos and Diego, it's a great flying plane. So, Carlos make me an offer and I'll send it your way! Diego I know you have nowhere to put it so you'll just have to come to the field with me next time!

I'm still amazed at how easy it was to fly. I was expecting a little more work than that. I really have to say JTM has winner here and BillyD is excellent to deal with so you can't go wrong with this plane. Also, I think 195mm is perfect for CG. It didn't feel nose heavy at all and had plenty of authority. I took off on low rates and landed on mid and had plenty of throw. And I thought the landing speed was pretty good, I didn't fill my tank for brakes as I had unlimited room and wanted to see how long a roll out might be needed and it wasn't much I don't think. I only have one set of batteries, otherwise I would have put it through it's paces on flight 2. I was more concerned about flight time and having enough juice for go arounds if needed on landing. I love the 110mm Vasafan, it's so quite and the noise you do hear is great. Glad I sold my EVF and got this instead. I need more batteries but the turbine has me out of cash for now so it will have to be one flight and charge until I get some more $$$. Still while it's charging I'll just fly other planes.

Aaron
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:31 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,713 Posts
man you overshoot the runway ...
great flight... this seems to be a great plane and a great option. something cheaper would be the PAf Sting but that includes LOADs of work.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:28 AM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,839 Posts
you guys are still at 195mm I'm still at 210mm and flies fine weird.

Aaron how much up trim do you have on or did you adjust the incidence?
hoser is online now Find More Posts by hoser
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:31 AM
Philjac94
Sydney Australia
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Here we go again!!
philjac94 is offline Find More Posts by philjac94
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
you guys are still at 195mm I'm still at 210mm and flies fine weird.

Aaron how much up trim do you have on or did you adjust the incidence?
I started with 2mm of up and it needed a click or two of up trim but I don't see myself going through the trouble of adjusting the incidence.
Closed Thread