Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 06, 2002, 10:01 AM
The Alleged Pilot
Atlanta, GA
Joined Jan 2001
244 Posts
Weekend Carnage (5/4/02 - 5/5/02)

Well, Sunday I got to find out what happens when a Wattage Hawk meets a Tiger Moth. The Hawk wins... The Tiger Moth came down in several pieces. The Hawk also came down and ended up pushing the motor in but other than that there wasn't a scratch on it. Fortunately, neither plane was mine. That hawk is pretty impressive. It's very fast and maneuverable and it looked like he was getting 10-15 minute flights out of it. Turns out it's also pretty durable.

I also got to see what happens when you lose power at 200 feet with a Crazy Max. It comes down like a missile. When I got to the plane I found it sticking straight up out of the ground looking fully intact as if it had grown there... On closer inspection it wasn't quite fully intact. The elevator control horn ripped out. The fuse cracked in several spots. The wing buckled in the center and along one side. The motor and prop are shot. It turns out that a wire came lose from the speed control... I'm thinking this one is for the garbage bin. Maybe I'll try an Urban Flyer next.
eloquinn is offline Find More Posts by eloquinn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2002, 12:35 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi ROFLMAO "fortunately, they weren't mine" After replacing the wing once and 4 v-tails, uncountable tree extractions, bent prop shafts, shattered ips gb's, broken propellors, I finally managed to break the 1/4 spruce fuse stick at the c.g. on the Phenomenal Blucor Terror, Genebond's Blustik. It survived 3 weeks of all weather flying, in the hand of u know who/what. It's going into the trophy trash bag. Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot