Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
HI All,

I finally moved into my house in Canberra and have managed to locate my RC Gear amongst the mess.

Hopefully I can head out this weekend to one of the tracks down here for a run.

I have found a couple that actually seem OK.

Also are there any Sydney guys online that might be keen in hooking up?
Depending on the date I might be able to get up to Waylan.

Good to be back!

Cheers

Scott
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Hunter View Post
HI All,

I finally moved into my house in Canberra and have managed to locate my RC Gear amongst the mess.

Good to be back!

Cheers

Scott
I'd be keen after Xmas, I'm getting a MM450 from Santa this year!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:28 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,796 Posts
Also, anyone that's already got the MM450 care to share any mods they've done? I've got the front disk brake coming with it and I'm trying to source some on road tyres for it too.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:28 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Also, anyone that's already got the MM450 care to share any mods they've done? I've got the front disk brake coming with it and I'm trying to source some on road tyres for it too.
There's a thread for the MMX and one for the VMX. Check them out for mods and tips as some of the guys have these mx bikes going awesome !
Rob1o1 is offline Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Last edited by Rob1o1; Dec 02, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:31 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
HI All,

Good to be back!

Cheers

Scott
Hey Scott good to hear mate. Hope all is going well . When are you coming up for an exhibition race?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Hey Rob,
All is good I have found an RC track literally 5 min from me at a place called Kambah. Its good for the bike but it's not as big as brendale so I can't wind it out as much. It's a bitumen surface as well, it tears the 200's up.

Haven't talked to any other RC guys yet so I don't know if there are any other bike guys.

hope all is well there, I will post some pic us of the track soon and possibly some footage if I can get some.

Cheers
Scott
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:26 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,682 Posts
Hi Scott, good to hear you guys are getting settled in now. Great news finding a track so close too.

We had the AGM on Saturday, and we did the trophies for all classes for the year. I know Adrian set you a pic of your 3rd place trophy. You and Adrian were neck N neck all year, just 1 point standing in favor of Adrian. If you send me your new addy I'll package it up and send it down to you..

I spoke to Steve, he lives near Wyalan and said he'd be keen to catch up some time. Moorebank is another nice track in Sydney.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your local track tho..

Cheers
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Still having trouble getting the right stuff for the bike online, and I always manage to somehow get some wrong stuff whenever I buy. Most websites don’t give details of what they’re offering other than e.g. “Stealth Super Moto (SMR) Rear Insert - VMX 450” ; and after some time consuming research at a lot of websites I finally found that this insert is medium hardness, but some other important info was missed by me. This is what I got when I tried to buy a wheel & medium rear insert:

Has any of you guys time to sort out what tires are best for what from this list: http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com/M...F.qscstrfrnt02 , or is there a better place with a few choices to buy from online? Trent is still looking into getting the best tires and inserts, but we need to get the stuff that we’re after now.

Also: how do grooved tires affect the handling? Basic beliefs suggest that slicks give more traction than grooved tires on dry tracks; due to their greater contact area, but typically have far less traction than grooved tires under wet conditions. But I realise how little I know when I see some of you experienced guys using grooved tires?
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:18 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,682 Posts
Hi Lars, Thats funny, sorry. You should have asked me or sent me an email. Next time find out what the VMX450 is first before you buy. Its for the 1/4 scale off road bike. Venom only make 1/8 and 1/4 scale bikes. I can buy that insert off you if you like, I can use it on me 1/4 scale road bike.

The inserts you want are: ThunderTiger/SB5, PMT, Nouva Faor, not sure if the DuraTrax Road Racer inserts fit but that bike is 1/5 scale too.. If I was to say what inserts to get, get the NouvaFaor Grey/Hard inserts.., they work really well at Brendale..

So all those tyres and inserts from GotNitro will work fine. As for the treaded PMT's, I would'nt get them untill winter comes around again, in summer you'll just ware them out in no time.., slicks are better right now. 100's (Hard), 200's (Soft) and 010's (Medium) will work good through summer.

Hope that helps Lars..?

Cheers

Btw,.. I have a set of inserts you can buy off me if you like..? C you and Chance on the 14th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Still having trouble getting the right stuff for the bike online, and I always manage to somehow get some wrong stuff whenever I buy. Most websites don’t give details of what they’re offering other than e.g. “Stealth Super Moto (SMR) Rear Insert - VMX 450” ; and after some time consuming research at a lot of websites I finally found that this insert is medium hardness, but some other important info was missed by me. This is what I got when I tried to buy a wheel & medium rear insert:

Has any of you guys time to sort out what tires are best for what from this list: http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com/M...F.qscstrfrnt02 , or is there a better place with a few choices to buy from online? Trent is still looking into getting the best tires and inserts, but we need to get the stuff that we’re after now.

Also: how do grooved tires affect the handling? Basic beliefs suggest that slicks give more traction than grooved tires on dry tracks; due to their greater contact area, but typically have far less traction than grooved tires under wet conditions. But I realise how little I know when I see some of you experienced guys using grooved tires?
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Dec 07, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:33 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
302 Posts
Likewise, I can buy them off you for my VMX if they go unwanted.

See everyone on the 14th then. I have much work to do!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for all that guys. No need to buy the insert; it was cheap and you can have it. I'll bring it along on Friday, and you can decide who should have it.

Ordered a set of ThunderTiger/SB5s from Bruce. I hope that they'll be here by Friday. We should probably get some more advice from you about our tires on Friday.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Hi Lars,

You can order small stuff like that thru Geoff at trackside.
If its in Australia you will get it quickly and still relatively cheaply.

Thats where I bought mine when I was up there, come to think of it all of my small rc bits I got thru Geoff unless it wasn't available in Oz.

Cheers

Scott
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Hi Lars,

You can order small stuff like that thru Geoff at trackside.
If its in Australia you will get it quickly and still relatively cheaply.

Thats where I bought mine when I was up there, come to think of it all of my small rc bits I got thru Geoff unless it wasn't available in Oz.

Cheers

Scott
Thanks; I'll remember that. But Oops; I forgot to ask, will you guys be there this coming Friday?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
Australia, QLD, Landsborough
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
Lars
I'm pretty sure Jeoff has a set of SB5 inserts in stock
if you get stuck i have a spare set as long as you replace them
i still have to get a belt off you
Cheers