Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:14 PM
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined May 2013
55 Posts
Question
Lawmatte 1.2 500mw setup w/gopro

First off, i am a complete FPV idiot. Sailplanes I know, FPV not. I tried searching the FPV forums and didnt really find what I was looking for. Any advice will have to be spelled out for a five year old, sorry in advance.

I am planning to do FPV with my tri copter.
I have a 1.2 ghz lawmate transmitter at 500mw. what I would like to do is link this up to my gopro 3 as well as draw power for the transmitter from the 3s battery powering the tri. I also have a hobbyking $10 osd.

Questions about any of this just ask and ill answer as best I can. Now here are my questions:

1: The voltage specified for the transmiter is 5.5. knowing that 1s lipos are in the 3v range and 2s is in the 7 range, is it safe to assume that a 2s lipos voltage is what this needs? Does this rule out powering the transmitter with the 3s 11 v main battery?

2: if I can suck transmitter power off the 3s main batt, do i pull power from the balance charge jack? if so, where can I find that female plug, all I have been able to find is this....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

3: if any of you have recommendations and/or good wiring diagrams/pictures of this stuff... well pictures are worth 1000 words, right?

Thanks in adavance

Here is the transmitter I have: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_Module.html
CMA Grant is offline Find More Posts by CMA Grant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined May 2013
55 Posts
Are there any good links you guys have? please give me something!
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Joined May 2013
55 Posts
Also, is a video/Power distribution unit a necessary part of the ground station? I haven't read too much on them, so I am assuming it is not, but I also have a lot of male plugs with no female plugs to plug them into, I am wondering if this is a sign...