HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 08:48 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,260 Posts
Very sorry to see that! I have walked in your shoes and know how it feels!
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2013, 01:00 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Apr 2006
471 Posts
Yes vonJaerschky, your 109 was a beautiful plane and you hardly flew it
darook is offline Find More Posts by darook
Old Jul 02, 2013, 01:31 AM
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,082 Posts
I do feel now that something went wrong, I know for certain I had full right aileron at the time she was rolling left, I had myself convinced that I must have lost orientation but the video says something else

Anyway moving on, my resolution is this, I have the plans, the building jigs, the moulds and the cannon mechanism, I know she flies well the maiden flight was much better and more stable than this one so I am going to put everything away carefully and given a couple of years I am going to build this plane again. I know where I can improve the design and beef up the wing root, I believe I can even shave off some weight.

Building another now would be a bit laborious so I will move on to another project before returning, watch this space

Thanks again everyone, Ken
heli_madken is offline Find More Posts by heli_madken
Old Jul 02, 2013, 08:11 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,374 Posts
Okay Ken, thanks for taking us along for the ride.

I wish you well with the Lancaster - and will look out for the thread eventually.

Best wishes,
Robin
eye4wings is online now Find More Posts by eye4wings
Old Jul 02, 2013, 09:42 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye4wings View Post
I wish you well with the Lancaster - and will look out for the thread eventually.
You'd better run - you're missing the bus

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918147
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jul 02, 2013, 10:12 PM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Jan 2007
85 Posts
So sorry for the loss of such a gorgeous model, Ken! I guess if we build them to fly we risk having our models turn themselves back into model parts. As a wise member of the club I belong to once said; "Models all have an expiry date...it just isn't stamped anywhere!"

I have just had a look at your Lancaster build and will be looking forward to watching it take shape!

Cheers,
Rob
rmcdicken is offline Find More Posts by rmcdicken
Old Jul 03, 2013, 01:22 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,482 Posts
With your permission, Rob, I shall use that quote myself - and probably many times!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jul 03, 2013, 10:02 AM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Jan 2007
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
With your permission, Rob, I shall use that quote myself - and probably many times!!
Feel free, Colonel B!
rmcdicken is offline Find More Posts by rmcdicken
Old Jul 08, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
376 Posts
Very, very sorry for your loss!
best wishes,
jeff
Jeff Van Hofwegen is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Van Hofwegen
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:25 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
I have been out of station for a while and only now, catching up on thread subscriptions.
...so, following my initial pleasure seeing the finished model and maiden report I was so sorry to read and see the video footage depicting a very, very sad ending.

I have nothing more to add to the observations already made by others regarding the flight Ken, other than adding my commiserations to you for the loss of a really fine model aircraft.

sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59
Old Aug 01, 2013, 06:33 PM
Indifferent User
Chattanooga
Joined Nov 2004
149 Posts
I echo "sparks" sentiments ... came back to the thread only to witness the tragedy. Dang, that hurts!

On an unrelated note, you mentioned "we can't be at the field without one of their employees being present and at 25/hr we just can't afford it." Have you considered offering up some club members as employees with a 1/yr salary? They'd be in ISO compliance, and you'd keep your field.
pjwright is offline Find More Posts by pjwright
Old Aug 04, 2013, 11:05 AM
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,082 Posts
Thanks, We tried offering a club member as honourary staff member but it didnt work, our club has now folded which is a shame as it has a history of over 30 years, we have all pretty much joined another club now so all has ended ok.
heli_madken is offline Find More Posts by heli_madken