Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
New Product
Graupner's new HOTT 2.4GHz system.

Quote:
HoTT is the synthesis of know-how, engineering, and worldwide tests by professional pilots. A previously unheard of energy system has enabled us to develop a 2.4-GHz system that points the way toward the future of RC model building.

HoTT Hopping Telemetry Transmission is reliability, with up to 75 channels in the 2.4-GHz band.

HoTT achieves maximum reliability with the legally prescribed transmission power of 100 mW and new, intelligent correction software.

HoTT uses frequency hopping spread spectrum technology. (FHSS)

HoTT offers integrated telemetry in real time. (expandable)

HoTT is fully programmable with the help of the Smartbox.

HoTT is modular and thus can also be retrofitted.

System Features:

Simple, extremely fast binding
Range test and warning function
Low-voltage warning
Extremely broad receiver operating voltage range from 3.6 V to 8.4 V
(functional to 2.5V)
Failsafe, free channel allocation (channel mapping); mixer functions and all servo settings can be programmed simply with the HoTT-Smartbox
Binding of any number of receivers for channel expansion (maximum of 32 channels)
Up to 4 servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block with a signal repetition time of 10 ms (only digital servos!)
Maximum immunity to interference through optimized frequency hopping and broad channel spread
Intelligent Data transmission with correction function
Extremely fast rebinding, even at maximum distance
Telemetry analysis in real time
Over 200 systems can be used simultaneously
Future-proof through update capability via USB interface
http://www.graupner.de/en/newsdetail...2-678d599ded4d

After the desastrous try to sell us the iFS (XPS) system that noone wants here, Graupner can only win with this system, as they have nothing to lose.
This system just has to be good, as they had plenty of time to learn what users really want, how well-implemented telemetry should work, where the snares of 2.4GHz lie, and plenty of systems to learn from. If they do not succeed with their HOTT system, the whole company will fail.
They are under pressure like noone else to deliver a flawless, feature-rich system.
I wish them success.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Oct 29, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:20 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,065 Posts
I wonder if this is at all realated to the New DMSS Jr has coming out except it is just the FHSS part?
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:10 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
As far as I have heard, this is a completely new system, that is manufactured exclusively for Graupner under their supervision by some (Korean?) manufacturer. It is not related to any system on the market.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:26 PM
Powered by Flux Capacitor
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
After the treatment Graupner apparently dished out to a fellow modeller ( see SHARKGR's post on his broken Graupner radio a few posts back ) I would completely ignore all their products and recommend others do the same. I have never heard of worse treatment of their customer from a major manufacturer. Of course, if there is a side to that story that we never heard yet, I'm sure somebody should come up and speak up.
tinkerguy is offline Find More Posts by tinkerguy
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
By your logic, one cannot buy from any manufacturer.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:56 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
HoTT has no FCC approval

Up to now Graupners HoTT system has no FCC approval.

So to use this system in US is illegal!

Because of the telemetry function the receivers are capable to send as well and therefore need the FCC approval as well.

As a famous saying in Germany teaches us : Nothing is eaten as HoTT, as it is cooked!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; Oct 29, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:41 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
I heard a rumor that at least some other companies, especially in US, have something like customer orientation.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:19 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
I sold my MX22 1 year later NIB, I hate the graupner software.
HOTT looks like a XPS clone with the outer telemetry case, the new JR XG7 or DX8 are built in telemetry.
Graupner MX-16 = $459 = NO TELEMETRY (only upgrade)

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:56 AM
Powered by Flux Capacitor
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
Quote:
Not really - I would not buy from any manufacturer that would not honor their warranty even when its a manufacturing defect and just ship a dismantled product ( with missing pieces ) back to the customer after sitting on it for several months. The story sounds almost too absurd to believe - and I'd like to hear from them that's not true.

The two big Hobby retailers here in the US have exceptional, stellar service. Tower (Hobbico) happily promptly refunds for any item if you are not satisfied - no questions asked.
Horizon Hobbies is nothing short of a true class act - many times they repair items like broken antennae without charge even though its the customer's fault.
Representatives from both these companies frequent forums to help their customers and other hobbyists.
I've never had problems with all the small retailers either - many of whom provide prompt, courteous support either on the phone or through email.

HOTT may be a great technology but if the company treats their customers that bad - it doesn't deserve any consideration.
tinkerguy is offline Find More Posts by tinkerguy
Old Oct 30, 2010, 06:49 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
I just read that vendors at the Friedrichshafen Fair, where Graupner presents the HOTT system, are already busily selling huge stacks of MX12 HOTT and MX16 HOTT radios. Seems that they have a good start so far.

Just like Jeti, Graupners HOTT system falls under Part 15 of the FCC, and does therefore not need any FCC certification to be operated.
Juergen has a tendency to bash every brand despite his beloved Aurora system (70% of his postings concern it), so take his comments with a grain of salt
Last edited by Julez; Oct 30, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 07:46 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
I wish them success, as it was reseller with some good ideas and products here.
But I think that "busily selling huge stacks" is just a pure dream,
- since I see just a single type of hott receiver, priced at 75 euro..

They lost credits in 2.4GHz word already, by choosing XPS by their empty marketing claims, which showed that they did not test the product well before starting to sell it.
It means for me that their employees are managers and economist, missing technical background, or failed to hear technical stuff voice. And this is visible in chargers as well, for couple of years..

They would do much better by signing some agreement with trustworthy 2.4GHz manufacturer, trying to regain trustworthy in 2.4 by using his name.
Just a personal opinion, of course.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:04 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
Well, as it appears to me here, it is not so much that Graupner has lost their reputation, it is more the system (XPS) that they tried to sell so far.
Of course the reliability of the HOTT system has yet to be tested by users.
But, concerning the functionality, it is a 90% copy of Jeti (and it's price range(!!!)), and Jeti is currently the second most popular system after FASST here for a reason.
Add now to the functionality of Jeti, that the HOTT system comes already integrated in TXes, and is therefore suitable also for people, who lack the technical background or simply do not want to solder around in their TX...
Until now, Graupner had nothing that the average dealer could sell to a beginner, who wants a 2.4 set.

Concerning "pure dreams", these are actual reports from visitors of the fair:
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthre...61#post1411161
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:15 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Even though it falls under part 15 rules, it MUST be tested and certified to be imported and sold in the USA. Remember the Jeti-Hobbylobby issues from a while ago? They can bring it here, but every certified system manufacturer will file a complaint again and I can't say as I blame those filing the complaints.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:35 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
Certainly, if Graupner decides to market the system in the US, they absolutely need the FCC certification in question.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:47 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Even though it falls under part 15 rules, it MUST be tested and certified to be imported and sold in the USA.
You say 'imported and sold'...what about 'bought and imported' which is what individuals do when they buy from overseas? I know that the AMA has allowed people to fly in the US with Jeti and this does not have FCC certification. And if they didn't allow it they were very good at turning a blind eye It appear to me that some Americans are keen to do whatever they want regardless of the rules whilst others are even more stuck up than us Brits.

Bottom line, I doubt anyone in the US will bother with Graupner HOTT because it does not appear to offer anything that can't already be purchased easily from the local hobby shop in the shape of Spektrum, Hitec, etc. So certification won't matter anyway.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale