HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneRCcom View Post

Sweet! Very nice flying.
what a nice place to fly you have there!

Interesting angle too

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Hi Shaun, I already glued the magnet to fit but my issue is that my brand new canopy has a nice screwdriver hole. The screwdriver I was using went through as I was trying to get the reversed magnet out!
see pics
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4673

Oh wow it is so tiny that i didn't even notice that until you told me.

well, don't know about you but i wouldn't worry about it if it was mine. after all, one meter away and you won't see it. Up to you

Shaun
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob View Post
Oh wow it is so tiny that i didn't even notice that until you told me.

well, don't know about you but i wouldn't worry about it if it was mine. after all, one meter away and you won't see it. Up to you

Shaun
Shaun I hope you are pulling my leg mate because otherwise I would get upset.
My brand new canopy has a screwdriver hole because I tried to get the reversed magnets out. Having a tiny hole or a large hole isn't the point of the argument, the issue is that it now has a hole. If that screwdriver went into my flipping hand this would had ben a disaster and all this because someone at the PA assembly line glued the magnets the wrong way round, so that PA can say this is a plug and fly item. Why on earth wouldn't you guys leave the magnets unglued....

wasted 23 squids + postage IMO

It would had been nice if PA offered to replace it (but to be honest I'm not going to hold my breath!)
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
1,445 Posts
Yes not quite the response I would expect as it is pretty annoying to have an hole in a brand new canopy because of a manufacturing error.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bavarian Cortex how to videos
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
The flying snake
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Sep 2013
857 Posts
I hope I don't crash mine or loose the canopy. I don't want to experience the same problems.
Hopefully the service state side is better. This makes me reconsider my next purchase. That was going to be a PA plane.
Grandpa strap is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Apr 2013
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa strap View Post
Hopefully the service state side is better. This makes me reconsider my next purchase. That was going to be a PA plane.
I agree. The Addiction X was on my list. Not so sure any more..
Implicit is online now Find More Posts by Implicit
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cassutt3D #2
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,445 Posts
I love my ADX, and my AMR, still considering the ADXL. I just hope it is a slight misunderstanding as Cheryl at the US branch has been great in responding to my questions and getting things corrected.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:50 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,155 Posts
Personaly I was looking at the katana mx but there are other options around 60 inch wing from reputable companies like extreme flight and 3dhs..
But the only reason I bought the addy x is because it floats and can fly ridiculously sloooow so you can learn to fly 3d easier & faster compared if you went for a scaled aerobatic plane.
So regardless of the response from pa and what happens with my issue, if you think to buy the addy x, do it.
I didn't go for the ipac stuff, she fly perfectly with an sk3 3548 840kv high discharge 3s 2.25A turnigy and a 60A super brain esc. The motor is puling 51-52A with the vox prop so I didn't even bother fitting the cooling ducts.
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 02:34 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,445 Posts
Okay got a question does anyone know the diameter and pitch of the t40X prop? I am flying at 6000+ ft and can prop up one size and still draw similar current as sea level. Right now on a T40X the ADX requires full throttle to climb out of hover and it is slow, get to the last minute on the timer and it won't even do that. A 14x7 yields even worse performance. Batteries are thunder power 45C which in my other planes provide silly power and climb outs are not an issue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,202 Posts
I don't think it is disclosed... kinda like the manuals- the exact info is a mystery
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop