HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2014, 01:36 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,506 Posts
now printing using cute

the cute default will export a multipage pdf, the settings show in pic1, give the full image size and show pages 1-12.. you can print this exported .pdf direct using adobe and join it up..
but you could also have printed directly from sketchup as a multi page and joined that up...

for a single large pdf correctly you have used a post script page setting, its best to set this a bit bigger than the page/image size required shown in pic1..
dont forget its vitally important in sketchup to box the image tightly and have it properly framed.. or you will have to go bigger on your paper size.. it prints a pdf of whatever is in the window's frame and included are any white surroundings
I gave it a couple of inches over size in each direction..and was lucky it fitted ok.

use print preview to check if you are getting it correct. when correctly zoomed and positioned it will show all the image on one long page... then print.. which gets you the .pdf file
If you don't zoom in close enough it will spread the pdf over more pages than necessary .. at first I got 4 large pages with a central image... not so good...

oddly the cute pdf outputted came out vertical..., but this wont matter when you print it out as a poster through Adobe, and funnier I run it through ScaleandTile3 for a grid and it came out back the correct way up...lol... who knows why?....pic4
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Feb 10, 2014 at 05:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2014, 02:16 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,506 Posts
Note....another thing
For using less ink in printing plans.. have the style as engineering , that's a white background, then remove the coloured faces, just have outlines. that will use the least ink...

I have mentioned scaleandtile3... I use it to add a grid to my plans, the grid is a lighter colour and as I print in multiple sheets it aids me in joining up my plans ..
I print using a lazer printer..
scaleandtile3 is available by contacting Bill Segraves on this forum... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=132593
Old Feb 10, 2014, 03:18 AM
Marty Petri Sr.
Thailand, Uttaradit, Bo Thong
Joined Jun 2007
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON View Post
Will this work
Yes if, it prints to scale.

Thanks,
Marty
mbpetri is online now Find More Posts by mbpetri
Old Feb 10, 2014, 03:25 AM
Marty Petri Sr.
Thailand, Uttaradit, Bo Thong
Joined Jun 2007
543 Posts
3DMON and Dave ,

Thanks to both of you.

Dave I do everything exactly as you described ( with the exception of faces and Engineering Style) , but I get either a blank PDF file or sometimes a BugSplat.

So I guess I have a problem either in my software or worse, a hardware problem in this Civil War Circa Laptop.

Thanks again,
Marty
mbpetri is online now Find More Posts by mbpetri
Old Feb 10, 2014, 05:00 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,506 Posts
have you got sketchup set to camera/parallel projection and have you boxed the image tightly as below..
bug splats often occur when you've got something seriously wrong in the drawing.. or try to do something you shouldn't..
printing using cute to get a pdf , should behave like any printer..
go to print...select cute as the printer.. do your printer page and paper settings .. print.. after a while it gets a save box come up for the pdf...

have you tried file/export/2Dgraphic? what does the export 2d graphic export as? pdf or only jpg?

faces, colours, style, etc are not important , that's for how you like it... but will be included in the pdf

you should be able to use preview to see what the print out will look like.. that works for cute just like any proper printer
can you get any screen shots to show what/how you are setting things up

what happens when you just print.. either with your home printer or cute to fit a single page
Last edited by davereap; Feb 10, 2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:13 AM
Italy, Rome
Joined Jan 2005
217 Posts
Help to make pdf

Hi,
some good guy could help me to bring out pdf from the attached Sketchup Mig 29 plans?!!?
I think I've solved:-)
Mike77 is offline Find More Posts by Mike77
Last edited by Mike77; Mar 07, 2014 at 08:11 AM.