Closed Thread
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:33 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter View Post
Hi friends,

Just say thank you for this thread, which is amazing.
I got a 808 #11 camera and it is a really great.

My planes are parked now, but I uhave used it for airsoft, so I mounted it over my G36K airsoft rifle and this is the result. Edited with iMovie.

Enjoy . Cheers

http://www.vimeo.com/25031974
Nice vid - nice edit, and boy to you guys take airsoft seriously
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:46 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
What hardware you use for FPV? This #11 Key Cam and what else? How do you connect if this cam doesn't have video OUT?
Can anyone answer on this?

thanks
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:48 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetec View Post
I'm going to 'lie low' now - agreed, far too much boring technical stuff, advice and pictures...
Please don't be discouraged by the non-techies .
I, for one, find your tests just as interesting as the flight videos and thank you for sharing. For me, they are not boring at all! - Actually they are quite exciting!

I would do the capacitor swap without hesitation, but since I don't want any sound on my videos there's not much point! Also, I would first have to buy a "book" (set) of SMD capacitors to play with.

I also love you supply voltage test!

Your tests help us understand the #11 much better and maybe even inspire the manufacturer.

OK, I guess we're in the minority here... ... but should you make any other amazing #11 tests, please do post the results.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:49 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
A review comparison of the #11 camera and the new HobbyKing Wing Cam..

The Wing Cam has a wider lens, but the reviewer doesn't like it nearly as well.
Thanks for posting the comparison.. it nice to see the differences side by side that way.. I'd vote for the No 11 too.. Did not realize you could grow bamboo in Kansas either JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:55 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
I feel exactly the same.. Please do another "test"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I, for one, find your tests just as interesting as the flight videos and thank you for sharing. For me, they are not boring at all! - Actually they are quite exciting!

I would do the capacitor swap without hesitation, but since I don't want any sound on my videos there's not much point! Also, I would first have to buy a "book" (set) of SMD capacitors to play with.

Your tests help us understand the #11 much better and maybe even inspire the manufacturer.

OK, I guess we're in the minority here... ... but should you make any other amazing #11 tests, please do post the results.
ditto.. I feel exactly as Iso does.. please don't give up.. I'd like to see more tests and mods.. for sure.. JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:00 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor
What hardware you use for FPV? This #11 Key Cam and what else? How do you connect if this cam doesn't have video OUT?
Can anyone answer on this?

thanks
This was discussed a few pages back.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4641

Two cameras are used. One for the FPV and the #11 is just along for the ride.

Discussion about FPV equipment in this thread is probably not appropriate.

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:41 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Reptor, please use PM for FPV discussion. He said several posts back he used two cameras... the #11 only took the video record... not part of FPV.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:59 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post

Yes, by all means. This thread is for all things about the #11HD, including intricate repairs, tests, and hacks! Videos are interesting and appropriate, too, but I'd add the topic of the forum is RC aerial photography, so I'd like videos to focus on RC plane clips, aerial or ground, shot with the #11HD camera. Comparisons with other new small HD cameras suitable for instaling on an RC plane are good as well, as long as the discussion doesn't migrate to the other cameras.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:17 AM
United States, IL, Hinckley
Joined Jan 2011
175 Posts
Here is my #11 camera vid from my Parkzone Radian on Sunday morning. Any suggestions as to why the video "slows" at about the 4:12 minute?

http://www.youtube.com/user/78bgalle.../0/u7T_yWmqZnE
geives1 is offline Find More Posts by geives1
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geives1 View Post
Here is my #11 camera vid from my Parkzone Radian on Sunday morning. Any suggestions as to why the video "slows" at about the 4:12 minute?

http://www.youtube.com/user/78bgalle.../0/u7T_yWmqZnE
Your link doesn't work.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:44 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,774 Posts
Is this your vid?

Radian (14 min 9 sec)
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Hello all

This is a follow-up to post #4371 on page 292 addressing the problems many users have had with 'clipping' audio (sharp clicks and pops) when recording with the 808 #11.
It is caused due to variations in low-frequency air pressure, and is normally encountered in a moving car enviroment or caused by wind (in flight on a RC plane for example).

I'll split this into two posts, starting with a description of the nine pictures shown in the collage attached to this post.

1 This is a diagram of the electret microphone circuit, showing the biasing, decoupling and supply splitting arrangement.
You will notice the very high value of the microphone decoupling capacitor : 1.5uf (circled in red) - this is what we need to change.

2 A close-up of the PCB showing the location of the components depicted in the circuit diagram, figure 1.
These are outlined in the same colours for easy reference / identification.

3 A size comparision of the 1.5uf capacitor against a peppercorn and a grain of sugar.

4 Measuring the value of the audio decoupling capacitor using a digital capacitance meter - coming in at a huge 1.504uf.
This value is excessive in the extreme and will allow very low frequency and sub-sonic audio to be amplified and digitised, causing clipping.

5 & 6 The 1.5uf capacitor was removed and two single wire stands were seperated from an off-cut of hookup wire.
Holding the PVC sleeving, these were then soldered to points A and B (see figure 2), so I could test different values.

7 This shows a test capacitor soldered in place - in this instance, a 470nf was been 'auditioned'.

8 & 9 Showing the finally selected value of 220nf soldered in place on the PCB - plus the addition of a small jumper wire.
I decided to use a phsically larger capacitor than the original type, because I couldn't find one that small and even if I could find one, I wouldn't be able to solder it in place !

In the next post is a description of the test, the different capacitor values tested and the results, plus two videos - before and after.

Richard

Thanks for the info and time you took to do this Richard, its priceless.

It's very so much more rewarding and interesting when we can take the solutions to RC issues to a higher notch than just give up on a product.

Your bench testing, mods and info is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:58 AM
NY, USA
Joined Feb 2011
45 Posts
Love This Little Gizmo

Got my #11 Jumbo (Post 2, last picture, 4-5 o'clock position) in the mail yesterday (ordered from hxelepro on eBay on June 3rd). I, too, had an initial problem getting my PC (Windows XP) to recognize the camera. But once I had it charging for an hour and switched to the short USB cable (which, I believe, allows charging and camera operation at the same time), my PC recognized the camera and I was off and running. I saved the microSDHC card which came with the camera (so I could always go back to it, if needed).

I formatted a new Transcend 4 GB, Class 4 card with the SDFormatter V3.0 software and checked it for errors using the h2testw V1.4 software. I then loaded the V2 firmware (Time-Date with Blocking) unto the card and put the card into the camera. It loaded fine, so I removed the card and erased the .bin file from the card. Put the card back into the camera and took my first video (feeding my pups a treat).

I was able to copy the .MOV file to my PC, convert it to .avi file using MP4Cam2AVI V2.83 with the ffdshow codex, and edit/trick it out with MS Movie Maker. Turned out great (if you ignore my poor first time camera work).

So, all the software and all the instructions I needed are found in posts 1-5 at the start of this thread. This was my first experience with a cam and I couldn't have been successful without this thread. Thank you one and all!

Rick
dukeofdata is offline Find More Posts by dukeofdata
Last edited by dukeofdata; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:02 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to 'lie low' now - agreed, far too much boring technical stuff, advice and pictures...

Good luck all, Richard
Don't lie low Richard, we're just joking around. Actually your posts are very informative but far above my head (ask Tom he knows about my head )

Learning the keyfobs nuances and how to try to overcome them is a big part of this thread and what it was started for.

SCOPE ON (!), even if I don't understand it.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Last edited by Yabba; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelin ....AGIN !!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post

........and the #11 is just along for the ride.

Discussion about FPV equipment in this thread is probably not appropriate.

KC
Correct and agreed.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Closed Thread