HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2004, 07:26 PM
Western PA
Joined Dec 2001
70 Posts
lithium charger Question ?

Been using a Intellipeak pulse charger for about 5-yrs. for Nimh & Nicads.
All planes and batteries set-up with velcro for easy removal,I never charge
at the fields do all charges at home and bring batteries to field.I want to convert to Li po's and need a charger.My Intellipeak plugs into the wall at home,A'm I brain dead but I can't seem to find a Lithium charger to plug into
the wall ??? Do LiPo's only charge on DC ? If so there worthless to me. Thanks.
brudford is offline Find More Posts by brudford
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2004, 08:13 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,363 Posts
Astor Flight and many others make / sale small in size switching power supplies to power chargers. You could also use a 12 v battery such as one for a lawn tractor and a small 1 amp. battery charger to keep the 12 volt battery charged up.
I am a Ham ( amateur radio operator) and all of my radio are powered from a 12 v battery which is trickled chared all of the time. This is also my charger power supply.
If you are going to use the battery inside make sure it is a sealed / gell cell type. Regular lead acid automotive , lawn tractor and marine batteries vent hydrogen gas whil being charged and this is an extremely explosive gas.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer