HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
holy cow , your a busy man !!!
Lets see i have the CMP Hellcat Copy bash, my FW190 Bash (at the paint phase )
Hobby King 1700mm P40 bash, Great Planes Kit F14 Tom Cat , bashing to more scale ,
eflight Texan bashing to a Dauntless . This has nothing to do with what I have in box , I just cant let wifey see !!!
I finished my Pica Dora , Willshobby Seafury,
LOL....

I forgot to mention I also have a 90mm Mig 15 to do, a twin 90 mig29(thrust vectoring as well), twin 70mm A-10(LX version...not crappy nitroplanes), twin 60mm F-14 with moving wing sweep..........have another CMP me-109 still sitting in box, and a H9 80" Piper Cub(which has had a primer coat done so far in the process of making it Luftwaffe owned).

Ive got other kits stashed away that Ill probably never build...some are backup airframes.

Couple of guys at the field want me to get that 20cc hangar 9 Tigermoth since they did. It flies real nice, but I don't need another bipe or tri-plane as ive got 2 quarter scale Fokker DR-1s flying right now oh and the H9 DVII too.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2013, 08:51 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
Well this is why we have so much in common, I thought this was work in progress lol , i have he CMP new in box as well , nice spinner , sierra retracts etc , all ready to start .Also have the CMP Spitfire I better stop there
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 19, 2013, 09:33 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Well this is why we have so much in common, I thought this was work in progress lol , i have he CMP new in box as well , nice spinner , sierra retracts etc , all ready to start .Also have the CMP Spitfire I better stop there
I had the CMP Spitfire. I loved it with a Saito 91. Alas ....... I lost her ..... A great model that needs a lot of nose weight to balance (SA91+11oz). I wish it had flaps but then more nose weight....
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Last edited by scootrb4; Oct 19, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:59 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
I plan on going electric with two 5 cell batterys so weight in the nose should be good to go .
Also going to modify the wing for larger flaps, the flaps on the plane are rather silly at best lol.
But overall looks like a cool plane .
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 01:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,567 Posts
Well, got mine finished......now before the scale Police start, no it isn't and no......I don't care......would have been a little odd going for a full on scale paint scheme on a semi-scale model......it has flown and it's superb, heavy (13lbs) but superb, really, really nice to fly.

Power is only from a gas 26cc but then it's plenty, if I was going to do it again I may have been tempted by a 30cc motor but then the typically short CMP stance limit's the prop, not sure a 20" prop (I'm running 18") would be safe in terms of clearance.

It was cheap to buy and cheap to build, looks the part in the air so I am happy!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Last edited by Scott Cuppello; Mar 25, 2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:08 PM
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,198 Posts
Scott,

Looks good. I was looking at it as well on HK, the price is good. Any video of the flight?

Cheers
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,567 Posts
No, sadly not......I have to say that everybody seems to like the way this model flies though if you read the comments and I believe you can find flying footage on You Tube.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello