HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2003, 05:34 AM
Spent too much already..
East Yorkshire, England
Joined May 2001
210 Posts
cdrom on Typhoon controller?

Hi, I've left this query on the cdrom thread but that seems to have cooled off a bit, and a PM for Frits, has anyone tried the new Tsunami 10 controller on a cdrom based motor yet? Could be a cheap way into indoor/small brushless if the controller is suitable.
JJfromUK is offline Find More Posts by JJfromUK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2003, 05:58 AM
holland
Joined Nov 2003
79 Posts
Hi JJ,

Sorry I didn't read your PM.
I have only limited time avaibale to answer postings.
But I try to answer as much as possible.

the Tsunami controller on a Cd rom motor is no problem, but some
Cd rom motros need 30 degrees advance. Some Cd_rom motors need fixed timing deppendeing If you have star or Delta wiring scheme. If it is Delta there won't be a problem. If it is star you probaly need fixed timing of 30 degrees advance.
If you want the fixed timing you must make a cable and you need software both you can download from http://www.rbckits.com.

You cannot use the software from the the SBL micro - From Jo aichinger as the software is different as is the layout.

Frits van Breemen
het-rc is offline Find More Posts by het-rc
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:43 AM
Spent too much already..
East Yorkshire, England
Joined May 2001
210 Posts
Thanks Frits , no problem on the PM, I assumed you hadn't had time to reply yet, and posted the query here as backup and see if anyone else had tried it.
All my motors so far are star wound so I'd better get downloading!

Oops - small hitch, can't locate the download, any suggestions?
JJfromUK is offline Find More Posts by JJfromUK
Last edited by JJfromUK; Dec 20, 2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2004, 12:12 PM
London Heathrow, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Sep 2001
314 Posts
I have a cd wound delta and in order to get it to work with this controller it needs to be spun by hand and then it syncs - not easy - is there anything I can do about this ?

Thanks
Tim
mr_wood is offline Find More Posts by mr_wood