how may convert the PDF file so i can get the dimensions of it,
i don't have a printer what make it little harder with this build
goly is offline Find More Posts by goly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
48 Posts
Hey Guys,

that is very complicated, but with Photoshop or other paint programms you can convert it
into a .jpg and print parts of that in the right size out, then you have to glue them together
and paint he parts on your depron. Many luck by building your own.
And thanks for your compliments, it is my first airplane i built on my own, but before
I flew the su 26 xp, the Blade Nano CP X and this summer I will fly the Parkzone Habu
Jet. I hope that the center of gravity will be ok in my Shocky.

pollux
pollux is offline Find More Posts by pollux
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:52 PM
United States, IN, Elberfeld
Joined Feb 2011
115 Posts
Ordered 6mm #1.9 recieved 9mm #? (real flimsy)....Tested my motor that the specs say will generate 72 watts (only getting 40 w/ 350 35c mah battery and the biggest prop they recomend...However, it will pull vertically out of my hand so I'll try when the weather is right. I used epoxy because I had it so I painted it. Just remembered, I still need to glue on the sfgs on the wing...
kzart is offline Find More Posts by kzart
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
115 Posts
85 watts w my motor and a 750 mah 30c 3s batt(weighs 72g.). Anyone have a tip on using a lighter batt but still get the power out of it...thingking of buying 500 mah 3s
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:57 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Well there she is all $1.50 worth of dollar tree foam board some HXT servos, turnigy 12amp esc and an old rimfire motor and 8x4.3 prop...

I did use the hardware kit from twisted hobbies that I was able to use most of the kit to finish out the build.

Due to the poo weather for the next...maiden will have to wait for another day.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,195 Posts
Sweet! Looks great.

Tomorrow morning might be decent for a maiden. 30% Chance of rain before 9 but looks pretty good after that.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Sep 2012
122 Posts
wow

i am inpressed with your plans sd one

i built way heavy with 8mm 1.3# covered in 1.7m newstuff laminating film and added removable wings. the result was as stiff as a board but neaded a 36 g moter to get the cg reasonable. stiff as in felt like fan fold foam. flying at 230g but still fun. i ended up remaking the tail feathers with 6mm epp laminated and adding an inch to the fuse so the rudder hinge is behind the elavater cut out : now there is no cut out in the rudder but there is one in the fuse... like crack yak and leadfeathers 3d planes. it worked= better pitch (less elivator cut out for rudder throws)and way better yaw authority.
on new stuff laminating film" 6mm epp plus 2 layers of 1.7m film is about the weight of 9mm epp but way stiffer and more durable and it won't get all stained ether.
thanks for the rad plan
matt
mattnat is online now Find More Posts by mattnat
Old May 02, 2013, 09:07 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,195 Posts
Glad you like it. It's pretty forgiving about weight but as always, the lighter the better. Laminating 6mm would be interesting. I'd like to see that. A person could remove a lot of excess foam if the lamination retains the stiffness.
Old May 11, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
122 Posts
build update.

still like the plane! 60% laminated 9mm epp 230g . i added t canalizers top and botom : death slide(knife edge stall) are way more doable and tight knife edge turns are also far more stable. point rolls look nicer too. i think there is a slight increase in drag( t canalizer was parallel with the fuse) .
Old May 18, 2013, 01:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
115 Posts
Love this plane...The previous hk motor took a dump. So I rebuilt it and trying a hobby partz/exceed rc 20g legend 2403-2100. First flight seemed promising. Hard to tell in a 20x20 space (storming outside atm). It 3-ds but my first version turned into a wet noodle at speed into the wind(still flew awesome 3-d and %90 throttle)..... Control surfaces are made of 1/4" blue foam on this one. AUW 200g, 28"wingspan, 32g battery.
Old May 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,195 Posts
Haha! Sweet. Glad you like it. Wish I could fly mine more. The weather just isn't cooperating this year. Rain, wind, storms, bleh...
Old May 22, 2013, 06:19 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Ha, I've been flying mine a lot in the back yard. Unfortunately last night it met it's last crash. After that I lawn darted it into the ground and it still flew!! battery was flopping around and all.

I guess I'll spend another $1.50 in dollar tree foam board and cut another one out so i can do it all over again!!
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old May 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,466 Posts
Been flying mine also. It has been getting beat up also.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old May 23, 2013, 02:30 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,195 Posts
This weekend looks pretty good and it's about dang time! Finally, some decent weather. I'll be at Peeler on Saturday for sure, with many planes and cars. Don't know about the rest of the long weekend yet.

Sounds like it's about time for a Stormbach building party!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
122 Posts
laminated 40% 6mm 1.3 foalding sbach

sd one!

still like! so 6mm laminated. well i still think its a good idea but i laminated less then the 8mm plane and it is not stiff as fff- i wanted to save all the weight i could cuz it was adding g to get it to fit under my bed ( in the car!) though there is no tail twist and i did not brace it. 180g in the air.
for the indoor season i am going to do a carbon and film rendition... should be good!

mark
here are the pix, good luck.