HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Does anyone know if the standoff rod for the included LED is fiberglass or carbon fiber? I'm wondering because I am looking to mount an antenna on one.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
Does anyone know if the standoff rod for the included LED is fiberglass or carbon fiber? I'm wondering because I am looking to mount an antenna on one.
I''m pretty sure it's carbon - it conducts electricity anyway
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Ok thanks. I guess I am going to have to replace it.

On another note, has anyone used a head tracker type device for gimbal control? I currently have a few channels on my transmitter dedicated to manual pitch and roll, but thought it may be interesting to move these controls to a tilt sensor attached to the transmitter.
Last edited by InfinitR; Feb 03, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:58 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
194 Posts
NAZA turnigy mini mems settings

Hi there
can anybody share their NAZA settings for the ecilop.
I have a NAZA for FC and the turnigy mini mems.
As transmitter is have the T8FG

Which channels would you bind on what.
- I mean is it necessary to adjust the the gyro gain from the T8FG?

Basically the eclop.tv setup.

Thanks for your support.
fabianabegglen is offline Find More Posts by fabianabegglen
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:44 AM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
Ok thanks. I guess I am going to have to replace it.

On another note, has anyone used a head tracker type device for gimbal control? I currently have a few channels on my transmitter dedicated to manual pitch and roll, but thought it may be interesting to move these controls to a tilt sensor attached to the transmitter.
I have a small lcd screen for my 5.8 rx mounted on my tx. Its hard to see in the first place and would be even harder if I was moving my tx all the time to adjust the gimbal. I just use a knob for pitch at the moment but it works well. I think you'd find that sliders are the easiest. When I can afford a new Tx thats where I'm putting my controls on the sliders.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
My Naza settings are set for good forward flight control.
Basic 115 115 145 90
ATTI 180 180

8FG set as follows using Heli memory.

Ch1 Ail ,Ch2 Elev, Ch 3 throttle, Ch 4 rudder, Ch 5 Naza Flightmode i.e. GPS/ATTI/Manual using the gyro menu on Switch SE, Ch 6 is Camera shutter on switch SA giving Vid/off/Shutter. Aux8 , Ch 7 Gear for both gyro gains on Switch SB using a Y lead for both roll/Pitch. Ch8 NDL is Pitch control for Gimbal.
barney1959 is offline Find More Posts by barney1959
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:10 PM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,423 Posts
might be worth saying what motors and props your using,, otherwise its kinda worthless information
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:44 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
My naza was flying well with stock settings, just had to find best settings for gimbal.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:39 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
194 Posts
thx 4 that
i have the 11x5 graupners with the Motor MT2216-12

what means: Switch SE
what means: switch SA
what means: switch SB
what means: Ch8 NDL

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney1959 View Post
My Naza settings are set for good forward flight control.
Basic 115 115 145 90
ATTI 180 180

8FG set as follows using Heli memory.

Ch1 Ail ,Ch2 Elev, Ch 3 throttle, Ch 4 rudder, Ch 5 Naza Flightmode i.e. GPS/ATTI/Manual using the gyro menu on Switch SE, Ch 6 is Camera shutter on switch SA giving Vid/off/Shutter. Aux8 , Ch 7 Gear for both gyro gains on Switch SB using a Y lead for both roll/Pitch. Ch8 NDL is Pitch control for Gimbal.
fabianabegglen is offline Find More Posts by fabianabegglen
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
Those are the Switch labels on your 8FG TX that I allocated my functions to. You need 3 position switches for some things etc. As I fly Helis I choose positions that I am used to using as under the Gogs FPV you have to know where the switches are.

If you look at your servo monitor and endpoints adjustments the functions are labeled, Aux 8 just happens to be called NDL which is the Needle Mixture normally.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
LiutaS the std Naza settings are OK for slow flying in calm conditions but you can get blown backwards in any real breeze and easily end up on a one way trip.

To be able to cover ground fairly quickly std settings dont cut it in ATTI at least.

I could fly Manual easily enough but use the Naza to reduce the Pilot workload so I can concentrate more on what I'm seeing and try to get in the viewfinder.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
397 Posts
Some Ecilop video footage in a TV shoot I did with a local wakeboarder here in NZ a few weeks back. Action starts at 4.17 and no post stabilization was used as far as I know (I didnt edit it):
NZ's first wakeboard double flip with Brad Smeele : Airtime Season 2 - Ep 3 (5 min 30 sec)

Ecilop is still the best value commercial machine around!
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Jelico, you've probably answered these at some point but what do you use to frame your shots? Monitor, goggles, or just eyeball it? Do you usually shoot while in loiter or alt hold, or just flying? Do you use lens stabilization in cam or turn it off? Cheers.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:56 AM
Joined Jul 2008
397 Posts
No stabilization in lens (using 16mm pancake). I have an HDMI converter with a downlink to frame shots these days. Depending on the shot I either loiter with GPS and pan as required, or track the subject flying sideways etc. Easy peasy when the machine is setup right. P.s. my Ecilop is still for sale! hehe
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:12 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
557 Posts
few short samples
Sraigtasparnistų žiemos sąskrydis 2013 - 01 - 18/20 (10 min 55 sec)
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor