Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sergey_ View Post
I made them myself. It was fun project!

The lights controller is based on PIC microcontroller with four transistors to handle five 1W LEDs (two red and three white 200 ma each) and fourteen 10,000 mcd regular LEDs, (20ma each). Three input channels from Rx (Throttle, Gear, Flaps) and three output channels to LEDs.

Here is the details with pictures: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post16580835

I am planning to make similar board for 737. Only instead of cool white LEDs use warm white for landing lights. They look more realistic. Cool white is too blue for lights but fine for strobes.
Great job on the lights Sergey, I know that took awhile to put together!

BTW, don't know if you've seen this but here's a link with different graphics for the 737. http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?page=1&id=200

Can't wait to see yours fly!
-Rick
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Thanks Rick! I didn't know there are decal options. Good to know!
_Sergey_ is online now Find More Posts by _Sergey_
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:19 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I wonder if you'd be willing to sell me a couple of PIC modules, or do I have to go back in my science room?
-Spyro
Do you need programmed micro controller or whole thing on PCB board? I can program PICs quickly, there are couple blanks left.

There are several other requests for this board so I guess I can make a batch. Just need to order components and warm up soldering gun
Last edited by _Sergey_; Jan 10, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:02 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Do you need programmed micro controller or whole thing on PCB board? I can program PICs quickly, there are couple blanks left.

There are several other requests for this board so I guess I can make a batch. Just need to order components and warm up soldering gun
Thanks for the quick response Sergey.
Yes, the whole module on PCB, soldered. In short, PLUG and PLAY. I can do the terminals, if it will make your life a lot easier.
I am not sure if you do this hand soldered (hope not). It may be a lot of work if not machine soldered, specially, if you have to make a few. So one piece, is OK too. Don't want to steal your free time. Of course, 2 would be SWEET!
What's the max load on the I/O. I'm thinking of 2-3WATT LED on the Wing Strobes, and the RED & GREEN NAVIGATION lights. Dealextreme.com in HK might have something good. I still have to check. The rest may be 1 Watt LEDs.
Thanks Again,
SPYRO
My email is: cybervision@live.com

This is just a sample of one of their products, all free S&H
Order usually takes 10-20 days from date of payment. Pretty slow, because this is a middle man company.
Note: Heat Sink NOT inclded:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44989
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44988
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 11, 2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Spyro, I have five 1W strobes and 10 landing light regular LEDs. Strobes are no problem in terms of wattage. My guess five 3W strobes will work fine as long as they are strobes, not constant lights. For higher wattage it is easy to solder piece of copper foil to help transistors dissipate heat. It is also good to check if BEC can provide enough amps.

1W as regular lights may be too bright. At dusk they'll make plane look like one light ball. No airplane contours.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:42 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Spyro, I have five 1W strobes and 10 landing light regular LEDs. Strobes are no problem in terms of wattage. My guess five 3W strobes will work fine as long as they are strobes, not constant lights. For higher wattage it is easy to solder piece of copper foil to help transistors dissipate heat. It is also good to check if BEC can provide enough amps.

1W as regular lights may be too bright. At dusk they'll make plane look like one light ball. No airplane contours.
This one has it's contour. Sometimes, I fly it at 9 or 10 PM at high altitude. LOL, people from half to a mile, & talk about RC plane, would go, NO WAY, THAT WAS NOT YOU FLYING THAT PLANE!
I use one 3S, 2200 for everything. 5 min of fun.
-SPYRO

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyro333.../5/xnchhfBC_9c
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:59 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,122 Posts
Gentlemen!

My 737 is finally under way today, and I have been thinking a about a nose wheel issue... How and where is the steering servo intended to be placed?

Can some of you guys tha already have the kit give me a heads up on the issue?

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:17 AM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
911 Posts
That's A good question that we all have asked. Spyro suggested that we use a retract bay from the PKZ-P47 to secure the the retract unit itself. Now as for the servo location I myself am not sure yet as I will not start the assembly until the mid to late March. I will be watching this thread closely to see and learn other issue as we may encounter. GL
Rookie2008 is offline Find More Posts by Rookie2008
Last edited by Rookie2008; Jan 13, 2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Miss Information
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:50 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
I have the kit but just wanna finish up some projects to clear some room to big this monster. Also I have a set of the new blue 68mm lander 4s 3500kv fans coming from DonsRC.

Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Yeah, that's the question. I am holding front wheel assembly for now

Ordered two sickle fans and two HET 3W motors yesterday. Will place order for servos today or tomorrow.

Meanwhile working on filling the foam with lightweight spackling and planning on flaps.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Servo mounting

How do you mount servos? Are you using glue or double sided tape?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:31 PM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
911 Posts
Question for all! I have in these pictures my engine nacelle
(1)90mm for my 6'3 777
(1) 70mm from Mings 737
(1) 70mm form the A320 kit

Something does not seem right I am thinking that maybe the 737 is not exactly 70mm or the A320 is not 70mm any suggestion?
Rookie2008 is offline Find More Posts by Rookie2008
Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:52 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's the question. I am holding front wheel assembly for now

Ordered two sickle fans and two HET 3W motors yesterday. Will place order for servos today or tomorrow.

Meanwhile working on filling the foam with lightweight spackling and planning on flaps.
Sergey, If you're going in that direction...I have an extra bag of the "Drop Flap Hinges" if you need some.

Question: Is this EDF setup your using pretty efficient?
I'm looking for a 70mm EDF for my 2 meter GlobalHawk UAV that's not too power hungry.

Thanks
-Rick

btw...my Extreme A-10 w/ E-Retracts, Leading Edge Slats & Drop Flaps is nearly finished!
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Jan 13, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:08 PM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2002
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie2008 View Post
Question for all! I have in these pictures my engine nacelle
(1)90mm for my 6'3 777
(1) 70mm from Mings 737
(1) 70mm form the A320 kit

Something does not seem right I am thinking that maybe the 737 is not exactly 70mm or the A320 is not 70mm any suggestion?
Based on the info Given by Ming:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1218455

It would give the scale of the 737-700 to be around 18.54:1. 737-700 uses CFM56-7 fan. The fan diameter is 61inches, thus a scaled fan diameter should be 83.5mm.

Mmmm...
eaticus is offline Find More Posts by eaticus
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:27 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Sergey, If you're going in that direction...I have an extra bag of the "Drop Flap Hinges" if you need some.

Question: Is this EDF setup your using pretty efficient?
I'm looking for a 70mm EDF for my 2 meter GlobalHawk UAV that's not too power hungry.
Thank you Rick! The set up with HET 3W on 4S is very efficient! But not very powerful. Just right power for scale 737 flight. Amp draw will be within 35Amp @ 450W average.