New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MrE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by olythom
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Oct 2009
448 Posts
Hey Curtis.
It is amazing. I actually finished the plane Saturday evening. I took it to the contest on Sunday and got a couple test launches before we started. It's a little underpowered right now. It just barely makes 200m with no ranging out. Still, it indicates lift so well that I had no problem making time in every round. Conditions were calm so I flew it light (56 oz or so with an 1800mah pack in it). Mark still thinks it's nose-heavy but I thought it flew great.

The only problem I had all day was a set of stripped gears on an MKS6100 flap servo. I had one landing where I dragged it in the grass and it went away immediately. We replaced the servo between heats and finished the day. I probably should have put something stronger in the flaps.

All in all, this is the best glider thing I've ever flown.
olythom is offline Find More Posts by olythom
to remove ads between posts